The Ender Dragon

Zacs POV:

"Food?"

"Yep"

"Weapons?"

Beatrice pulled out her obsidian sword and swung it around.

"Yes."

"Armour?"

"Zac, your looking right at us- I think you can see if we are wearing armour" Alex Replies irritably.

"Yeah, but I had to check" I retort.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Beatrice sigh and shake her head, but she was smiling.

Oh dear Notch, I love it when she smiles.

We were standing under our usual oak tree, which overlooks the sea. We figured it was better not to teleport in the middle of the village- we didn't want to cause any disruptions. I mean, Beatrice is already stared at and feared, so I think people would totally flip out if they saw her "Magic".

"Should we go?" Beatrice croaked, her voice hoarse. I never realised how scared she must be; she is about to meet her creator.

"I guess" Alex said hesitantly.

Beatrice reached out her hand; it was shaking. I took it, and Alex did the same on Beatrice's other side.

"Ready?" She looks at me.

I give her a curt nod. Alex nodded as well.

Beatrice slowly took a step forward, before the world twisted away.
------------------------------
Beatrice's POV

I opened my eyes.

We were standing on an obsidian platform surrounded by End Stone. Towering obsidian structures dominated the sky, making us tiny in comparison. The ground is dotted with Endermen.

I looked behind us. I gulped. Behind me was just endless darkness, leading to a bottomless void. I slowly turned back around

Letting go of Zacs and Alex's hands, I step forward in wonder. This is where I belong!

"Wow! it's amazi-"

Suddenly A tremendous roar rang out through the air, like a thousand armies going to battle. It echoed off all the obsidian towers, with the force of a-

"Dragon" Alex whispered.

The ground started shaking and I fell to the ground, digging my nails into the obsidian to not fall off. The End stone is crumbling all around us.

I hear Zac scream.

And then it all stops.

I scramble to my feet, and I hear the others do the same. My head is pounding.

"What....was.....that" Zac gasps in between breaths.

I'm not paying attention. I squint as I see something in the distance. It's so far away, it's just a dark shape. But as it comes closer, and closer, I start to make out the shape of wings, and a tail. And its heading rights for us.

"Oh no" I whisper.

"What?"

"Duck!" I try to yell. But my throat has gone dry and it comes out as a hoarse whisper.

"What?"

Zac and Alex turn around.

"DUCK!!"

I throw myself to the ground. Alex does the same. But Zac is too slow.

The dragon soars above us, reaching out its talons. And it grabs Zac.