"Tell me what you know"

Beatrice's POV:

"You know my family?!" I stare at Dawn, lost for words.

"I...uh...yes. I knew them." She replies, shifting her gaze to the floor. The corners of her mouth sag down a little, like they bear little weights; like she is sad about something.

"You...knew... them? What do you mean, knew?! What do you mean!" I blurp out, my throat horse.

Dawn doesn't say anything; she just shifts her feet uncomfortably I am desperate for the truth, drowning in my own sea of doubt and anxiety. I want more, I am hungry for more answers. I need more.

We stand in silence, Dawn staring at the ground, a single strand of blue hair falling in front of her eyes. She irritably brushes it to the side, tucking it behind her ear.

I sigh.
"Dawn I...." I break off when I see her face, worn and weary, frightened.

"How did you get that?" I say instead, gesturing to the streak of blue I can see against the rest of her hair.

"Uh.....what? Oh, uh.... I guess I was just born with it...." She hesitates, before placing her hand on my shoulder.

"Look... Beatrice, I'm sorry. I did know your family... Well, I knew them really well. I was... I was good friends with Xzavier"

"X....Xzavier?" I say the name out loud, testing the sound on my lips. Xzavier... who was he? My brother?

"He was your brother. Only fourteen... You.... you guys were really close" Dawns voice trembles with each word, as if the weight or her voice is becoming heaver and heaver.

"What about my parents?!" Were they around? Do they miss me? Are they still waiting for me to return?

"Well.... Im sorry Beatrice. Your parents, they... they... they didn't want you and Xzavier. They didn't mean to have you....Im so sorry!"

I can feel my stomach dropping. My throat is tight. All those dreams, about finally returning to my parents, were they for nothing?!

"They were cowards Beatrice, they were scared. So when Herobrine was gaining power, well, they didn't try stop him. He was powerful, and they didn't want to be on the wrong side of his power"

I shake my head. No, she must be lying.
"So they......" I can't finish my sentence. Im to afraid of what I will hear.

"Yes Beatrice, they joined his side. But they weren't safe, oh no, they were not safe. They were old, practically useless. To Herobrine, they had served their purpose, by giving him valuable information about their own village. He was going to get rid of them, and they knew it."

"So they gave him a gift, a gift that would help him. A gift that would stop Herobrine from killing them, even if it was only temporarily." Dawn is engrossed in her own story now, she can't stop and won't stop. As much as I don't want to know, I yearn for more.

"They gave Herobrine You. You, Beatrice, you. You could serve as a slave, or in his army. You had many uses. But Mitc- I mean, someone snuck into Herobrines base to save you. They succeeded!
Your parents were running out of time now. Their only hope had been taken away! So they gave Herobrine Xzavier. Only 14, he became a slave. No one managed to get him out in time. Im sorry" She finished.

I stagger, and throw my arms out for balance. My parents, my brother, What happened to them? My own parents gave me away to save their own lives. They gave away Xzavier too....
My head is throbbing.

"What happened to my parents?' I force the words out of my mouth.

"Herobrine killed them. Giving away Xzavier allowed them to live another week or so, but in the end, Herobrine had no use for them." Dawn bursts into tears, and collapses on her knees, hands covering her eyes.

I don't say anything. Instead, I lower myself to the ground and kneel beside her, putting my hand around her shoulder.

And we cry together.

---------------------------------

Finally the chapter is here! DON'T WORRY: MORE IS COMING VERY SOON! (I'm writing right now)

Question of the chapter: When Dawn was talking about Beatrice's parents giving her away to Herobrine, She mentioned that Beatrice was saved. Who do you think Dawn was ABOUT to say saved Beatrice? :)

Random Challenge: Put on the happiest song you know, and dance your heart out! (That's what doing right now!)

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!

BYE BYE :)