Chapter 5 : Lunch

Update : I'm still working on the upcoming chapters by making use of the suggestions that you guys commented and thank you for your support & opinions :)

  Happy reading!

April's POV

   I have lunch with Luke later and I still have to attend community work.

    "April!" Luke went up to me and greeted me with a kiss.Sometimes I still wonder how we even got together.

    "You're still up for lunch? Sterling's coming along.
I thought I'd catch up with her and maybe both of you try to get along."

    Right,Sterling.

     "Uhh...yeah." I trailed because inside I'm shaking.

Why didn't Luke tell me in the first place? I would have flaked but there's no point either since I'm still meeting Sterling for community work.

     "I know you two don't get along but I think if you gave her a shot,she's a really cool person."

        I didn't know how to respond so I just nodded.

    He place his arms around me and pulls me close as we start walking to our next class.I hope time move slower even though it's not possible.

        "So in today's assignment,I will be pairing you up with new partners to switch things up."

      I sighed and look out the window.I wonder what's Sterling doing.It's a little weird that Sterling is not in the same school as me anymore,and I kind of missed that.The weird and awkward but yet burning and intensifying tension between us.

       Apparently,her twin sister,Blair is.I still think that she hates me because she has this glare that she hates me.

      "You alright,babe?" Luke asked,placing a hand on my arm.

       "Oh yeah." I replied and give his hand a little squeeze.

   Out of context,Mr Issac announced my partner.
      "April,you'll be partnering up with Blair."
      "Wait,what?" I protest but Mr Issac just ignored me.I took a breath and let it all out.

      I look over at Blair who groans and smack her head on the table.Basically how I feel as well.

        "Cmon it'll be fun.You and Blair,you're basically getting to know both the sisters on one day."

        Yeah,sure,that'll be fun.I was sexually involved with her sister and now I'm supposed to be talking to the other one who hates me.

        Luke kissed me on the cheek and left for his partner.

       Blair comes over and we start analysing the paper.

        "So from what I see,I think you've been involved with my sister and she's left heartbroken."

       "Blair,I had to.It's not like I was given a choice."
I faced her and I was guilty of course.

     To me,family is everything even if I have to leave my friends and lovers behind.

      "Yeah,and she's suffering because of you." Blair fired back.

      "Well,at least you have supportive parents.Mine just bailed on me." I stated,with a little play of the victim card but also because it's the truth.

       "Look,I don't want to see Sterling get hurt.You being with Luke makes it worse."

        "Well..." I couldn't argue because she's right.
I ended our relationship and got together with her ex.It's not the ideal situation.