Chapter 4 : Why

Update : So I hope you guys are enjoying the content so far and comment down ur opinions if you like :)

Sterling POV

    A year? Are you kidding me? What on earth did she do?

    "Okay,now I'm more curious than ever,April.This is not you.What happened?" I reach out for her hand,but she retreated.

    "Look,it's personal and I don't think you'll want to hear it." She said,folding her arms.She was deep in thought,and I knew this was affecting her.

     More than ever.

      "I know that bottling it up is not good and you listened to me when I had a problem with Blair before.It's my turn." I gave her a reassuring smile before she sighs.

     "My dad skipped his trial.I thought he would changed after all this years but he couldn't help himself." She took a deep breath before explaining the story.

    "He was in my school and he beats up my teacher in the office.I witnessed him..beat her up." Her voice was shaky and her hands were quivering.

    "So,when the principal had to deal the matter with the police,the first thing my dad did was bail.He bailed on me,and lied again."

    "April..." I took a seat next to her and pulled her into a hug.She embraced me eventually and pulls me closer as she cries.Her hands tugging onto my collar and I wanted to kiss her to make it all better.

   Except I can't.She just wasn't mine to begin with.I just stroke her back to comfort her as much as I can.

      I didn't know that it was this bad.I really have to talk to Bowser and Blair about April's dad after this.

      She pulled away,wiping her tears and chuckled.

      "What a mess.I'm sorry." She fixed herself again and I cupped her face,knowing I can't kiss her but touch her face.To feel her soft skin against mine.

   I wiped a few of her tears and smiled."Its okay."

"So basically I'm stuck with one year of community work because of my father.To take responsibility of his actions."

   "Hey-" I was interrupted when someone knocked on the door.I figured it'd be Jack.I stood up and opened the door to let Jack in.

    "How are you two girls?" He asked with a smile.
    "We're good,thanks." I looked over at April,who regain back her composure.

      "And here are the ideas for the fundraiser." April took the paper with the ideas and passed it on to Jack.

     He skimmed through and look at both of us.

     "These are wonderful ideas.Good work,girls.You can head back home now.Oh,and you don't need to attend tomorrow's." He gave us a little pat on the shoulder and excused himself.

     We walked out of the centre together,trying our best to make sure our hands don't brush against each other.I saw a familiar figure standing outside,it was Luke.

     "Oh hey,Luke!" Both of us went over to him and April greeted him with a kiss.

    "Hey Sterling." He pulled April close to him,and I became a little tense.I mean I've never seen them being intimate with one another so of course I was feeling a weird.

    "I guess I'll see you both." I walked away,knowing that if I talked or stayed awhile longer,I couldn't stop myself from crying.

    "Sterl,wait!" Luke called out and I turned around.
    "I know it's a surprise and we hadn't really talk about it,so I was wondering if you wanna have lunch."

     "Sure,Luke.When?"
    "This Friday?" I don't see any problem with that so I nodded.

     He went back to April,hanging his arms around her and I couldn't help notice how happy they are with each other.

     "Blair,we need to talk." I walked into her room,where she was lying down listening to rock music loudly with her headphones.

      She stood up and looks at me,reaching for my hand.

      "Is it April again? You've got to let that go except it's going to be hard since you'll be seeing her almost everyday during community work." She said and I sighed.

        "Well,sort of but that's not the point.April's dad skipped bail and from April,he beat up a teacher in your school."

         "Wait,really? How come I didn't know? Is it a female teacher because Ms Violet hasn't been in school for days." She pointed out and it might be a possibility.

        "So,you wanna ask Bowser about this because he's been in Florida.The only time he comes back is when there's a huge payday in Atlanta that Yolanda has and it'd be good if he come back to help us out."

     "I know,I know.Should we ask Yolanda? She probably knows about it and then we could track him down ourselves."

    "It's kind of risky.I mean without Bowser,it's just different."

    "Yeah,you're right.We'll just put it on hold for now." I sighed and laid down on the bed with Blair.