Part 39 : Concert

I've been busying with exams so I apologise.Here's the awaited chapter.Thank you for 22k+ reads !

In this chapter,April really delivered by spicing things up in the bed department.

Sterling's POV
A couple months later,

    "Sweetie,are you sure taking your girlfriend out to a concert and spending the weekend in our family cabin is a good idea?"

    "Did you just hear yourself,Mom? It's romantic and it's been a year and counting since we dated."

    "Well,I don't want you falling behind in your assignments.You have quite to catch up on."

     "I'm actually up to speed.You see April,she's designed a binder for all of things I've missed out."

      "These include notes,worksheets and examples.
Along with her hand written notes she puts in between for extra encouragement."

      "So you're dating a freak,move on." Blair walks in and I rolled my eyes,simply ignoring what she just said.

       "Then that settles it.You're allowed to go but I'm going to need constant updates and you'll still be using the wheelchair."

        "Mom,no."

"Why not we leave the professional advice to the doctor and head for our appointment now?" Mom
pointed out and sighed.

Appointment that early afternoon,

        "Well,how's has occupational therapy been working out for you,Sterling?"

        "It's great.I've been able to walk and my fingers are coordinating better."

          "Then a concert should be fine as long as you have someone there with you."

            "Thank you,Doctor Scott." I smiled and nudged Mom. "I told you I'll be fine."

           Mom wrapped things up with the doctor and found me outside with a cup of tea in hand.

              "I still would prefer if you at least bring the wheelchair along in case of emergencies." Mom said,and I knew she wasn't going to stop bothering me.

               "Fine." I gave in,succumbing to her 'Motherly' advice and after all she has my best interest at heart.

And April would have also suggested it along the way.

                "You don't want to book in an appointment for a quick therapy session today?" Mom asks,opening up the car door for me.

              "I'll be good,Mom.Charlie doesn't need to see me everyday." I stepped in and drove us back home as April awaits for me.

"Are you sure you're down for a music festival? It's loud and everyone's moving around."

"Yeah...I'll be fine.On the plus side,if it got too crowded,I have backstage passes."

"That's great and all kinds of amazing.How did you even get in the first place?"

"I got connections too honey.Plus, I even went to the doctor's with my Mom today.The doctor said I'll be fine."

And by connections,I mean Sean.Of course,still doesn't make up for anything.

"I'll have everything sorted out so you can relax. A hotel or a motel?"

"Actually we'll be staying at my uncle's cabin.It's close to the music festival and there's a scenic view."

"Dreamy." Blair interrupted as she walks by my room.