Part 28 : Audition

Blair's POV

    "Hey babe! Are you excited for tonight's dinner date." I started and he nods.Eric was playing with his dog,Bruno,and sat him on his lap.

     "You still haven't told me what's the surprise.I'm terrified yet stoked."

       "Don't ever say stoked again unless we managed to time travel and I think you're gonna love it."

       "As long as it's not with your parents..." Eric pointed out and I frowned in confusion.

      "What's wrong with my parents? I thought you wanted to meet them."

       "I do but I'm having second thoughts.I'm just a normal boy with a cute dog who went to the community centre like April."

         "They'll not judge you off that and you said it yourself that you were framed."

            "Eric,I'm serious about us and I really want to introduce you to them." I added and he took a moment to process it through.

           "Fine but you're gonna send me a list of topics I'm allowed and forbid to talk about."

             "What do you think I've been doing for the past few hours?" He chuckled,as I sent him the list.

            I think this might turn out great after all.Mom was totally onboard and Dad was looking forward on meeting him.

            "You need any help? I can slice those tomatoes for you if you want." I started.

             "Oh don't you worry,sweetie.You get ready and dressed up for dinner when Eric arrives."

               "Will Sterling be joining us?" I asked because I haven't seen her since she left for school.

  "She's supporting April in her role for a play.The community centre will be hosting it." Mom replied.

       "Cool,I'm going to head back up to my room."

Sterling's POV

        I plopped myself down next to April and watched as the rest of the other people walked in, recognising a few familiar faces.Jack and this young blonde petite woman walks up on stage, side by side.

     Jack clasps his hand together and gathered everyone's attention, speaking to the mic.

           "Welcome all of you.I'm certain that you know what's on the agenda today.Miss Bailey here is the director of the play.All proceeds will go directly to the orphanage as you know.Now,let's get down to business."Jack started out and Miss Bailey caught my eye.

         The moment went on a little longer than I wanted and I turned my eyes off her to April.

        "Everything okay, sweetie?" She took my hands, squeezing it.I nodded and avert our attention back to Jack.

        "I'll start by pairing you off and you'll perform a scene together.I can assure you that everyone here is obligated to audition." Jack looked right through me and I gave a slight smile.He rambled on about the play and I start dozing off.

        I'm not much of an actor,I'd rather consider myself as a supervisor or consultant.

         "You heard what he said.You can join me." April suggested and I chuckled.

         "I'm sorry but I'm sitting this one out.Stage frights and I might screw it up just like debate.On the plus side, if you perform as lead,I can say you're my girlfriend to everyone."