˗ˋ 01

-ˋ₊˚.🐚🏹 ₊° ꒱
🗒 ::  ep.3 pt.1 ┊͙
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Nobody really knew how to react, and the group sat there for a while, small bouts of conversation breaking the long periods of silence

"Voting for member eliminations will begin in twelve hours." The system said, and Lina couldn't help but want to do it now, to get it over and done with so that she could stop feeling so horrible.

"Starting now, you can check your individual scores." It continued, as another countdown appeared on the gateway.

Deciding to go and look at scores in turn, the group dispersed, most making their way into separate rooms upstairs.

Chaerin was pulled along by Heeseung, Jay and Sunghoon, the BigHit trio turning into four as they included Lina. She lent against Sunghoon's side, head resting on his shoulder.

"I don't think any of us will go to the Ground." Lina said, far too confidently, considering how she truly felt. But she didn't want the other boys to lose hope.

"So you think you did good?" Jay asked, and Chaerin shrugged, fiddling with her bracelet, fake confidence quickly disappearing.

"I hope I did. Honestly I don't know what's going to happen, I'll feel awful either way." Lina said, and the three boys nodded, Sunghoon wrapping an arm around her size and squeezing her gently, trying to reassure her.

"About the vote?" Heeseung asked, and the girl nodded. "I get what you mean, it's going to be horrible."

"I think I should go and check my score." Lina said, after listening to their conversation for a while. She had been put off going, too nervous to see it, but now she felt somewhat ready.

She made her way down to the voting room, trying hard not to think about what would be happening in there in half a day's time.

The highest score was 76, and the lowest 40. Chaerin hoped that she didn't get 40, but there was always a possibility she had done worse then she thought.

She was the last to go up, and it was waiting for her. She pressed the button on the screen and waited, wondering who had gotten the highest score.

Her applicant profile picture stared back at her, her name in bold across the top. And suddenly, a number.

"76." Chaerin mumbled to herself in disbelief, staring at the screen. She had somehow gotten the highest score - and she thanked her lucky stars.