˗ˋ 13

-ˋ₊˚.🧸🍒 ₊° ꒱
🗒 :: ep.5 pt.13┊͙
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

The four I-Landers in the lobby waited, their stomachs twisting into knots as the listened to who would be the next to join them in the final

And in fifth place, with 83 points, was Heeseung. If Lina hadn't placed before him, than the relief that she felt when Heeseung was announced to be the fifth I-Lander in the final would be the most she had felt in her life.

"Oh thank god." She breathed out, visibly relaxing as she stood, watching as Heeseung moved to stand on the platform.

"Even though I could've done between in many areas, thank you for giving me a good score." Heeseung began his thank you speech. "And also.." He paused, seeming to be struggling with what he was trying to say.

"I really want to be a good idol." His voice had grown thick with emotion, and Lina clasped her hands in front of her chest, feeling bad for him. Heeseung wiped his eyes, taking another pause. "So I wanted to show that I can do a good job with this sort of concept..."

He dabbed at his eyes once more, finding it hard to speak. Words of encouragement with a slight confusion came from the producers - saying that he had done well. But as Doobu correctly pointed out, he wasn't satisfied with himself.

"Don't cry." Sunoo looked sad as he watched the screen. "He tried so hard this time."

"I also feel like I didn't do a good job at being a leader." He sniffed, eyes red and the tears evident in his voice. "So I want to say sorry. From now on, I'll try even harder. To show a different me. Thank you."

He bowed low, Lina moved her hand up to her face and quickly wiping away the tears that had streaked down her cheeks.

The group of four greeted him with applause as the gateway turned, the boy bursting into tears almost as soon as he stepped out, guided down the steps and pulled into a hug from K.

Moments later and he had moved out of it, tears streaming down his cheeks as he turned to the girl, who opened her arms and hugged him instantly, feeling the shoulder of her shirt get wet as he balanced his chin on it, his own shoulder shaking.

"It's okay." Lina murmured, the others placing their arms around the crying boy, so o second with stress, pressure and disappointment that he just had to let it all out.

Whilst they were comforting, a video of the presenter had appeared on screen once more, once again reminding them what would happen at the end of the ranking.