˗ˋ 08

-ˋ₊˚.🧸🍒 ₊° ꒱
🗒 ::  ep.4 pt.8 ┊͙
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Lina stood in line with the others, clutching a pillow as she watched Sunoo begin

"Hug the pillow and say 'ha-'" He said, doing the love from the very beginning of the choreography. "You have to do it like this." Sunoo continued, a bright smile on his face.

"Isn't that Fake Love?" Jungwon asked, as they all tried it and Heeseung - who hadn't added the facial expressions yet - seemed rather scary.

"Your eyes look too intense! Too much." Sunoo told him, laughing as he watched him.

"Should I make a little rascal facial expression here?" Heeseung asked, before imitating Sunoo. "So happy." He said, a smile on his face.

"It looks great!" The facial expression leader said, and the complement made the eldest smile again. "It's great, it's really great!" He continued, and Heeseung seemed shocked.

After mastering the facial expressions, the real practise began, starting right from the beginning and hugging the pillows, smiles on their faces. It was a little awkward at first, but soon enough they relaxed into it, and it became easier.

Time had passed, and Lina became more comfortable with the refreshing concept and the choreography with the pillows.

"Park Sunghoon!" Lina yelled as she left the practise room. They had decided to have a break, and the first thing that a still rather embarrassed Lina did was head towards where the Flame On unit were practising.

"Are you blushing?" Jay asked, as she slipped through the door of the practise room. It was a rather unfortunate case - right at the beginning, Jay had put himself forward as the member of the team that would essentially sat out.

Because of the terms of the test, it seemed that each unit had a possibility of losing a member right before they performed. The Chamber Five unit had just decided to take turns with the members they used for things. They had learnt all the choreography together, but everyone would have to take a turn sitting out or filming for them.

The Flame On unit seems to have taken a different approach. Jay had put himself forward due to his low score - which did make sense if the voting was to continue in the same way. However Lina liked to think positive, and she could only hope that there would be a big turn around.

"I'm not built for that type of stuff." Lina replied with a sigh, slipping down into a crouching position behind him. "Not really my thing, the cute stuff."

"You don't say?" Jay looked over at her. "You must be doing good though, if you're having a break."

"We're doing alright - me and Heeseung took a while to um.. relax, but we're getting there. My mom always told me 'Vouloir, c'est pouvoir' - where there's a will there's a way. So, I'm trying my hardest." Lina nodded, slipping down and sitting properly.

"French is a pretty language." Jay commented. "Any other.. uplifting sayings from your mom? I think I could use something."

"Of course, let me think." Chaerin paused. "Oh I have a good one. 'Il ne faut rien laisser au hasard' - Nothing should be left to chance."

"And how-" Jay's brow crumpled in confusion, moving to sit properly down by her, Lina crossing her legs and turning around so she was facing him.

"Plan ahead. What happens if you're not the one eliminated and you have to perform?" Lina asked.

"Well I've been doing some of the choreography.." Jay sighed. "But I'm not sure - surely it makes sense for me to just do it because I was just the lowest ranked in the unit but also out of all of us."

"What sort of attitude is that?" Chaerin exclaimed just as the music stopped. "You need to be prepared either way. You saw all those letters and videos of people cheering for you, how can they cheer and believe in someone who doesn't even believe in themselves?"

The five boys stared at her, and a blush spread over her cheeks. "Sorry.. I just don't think you should leave it up to fate. 'Mieux vaut tard que jamais' - better late than never. You should practise. Even if you don't think that you're going to be up for elimination." Lina stood up, leaving Jay sat on the floor, considering.

"Hoonie!" Chaerin jumped over to the boy, who cringed at the nickname. "You better not say anything." Her attitude changed in an instance, voice dropping about an octave. "How can I be cute and refreshing when you look like you're about to throw up."

"You look like you're going to throw up." Sunghoon pointed out, and the girl stared at him. "Hey - can we have a break now, we'll go get some food?" Sunghoon asked, turning to his unit, who nodded and began dispersing.

Chaerin and Sunghoon made their way over to the kitchen, Lina slipping onto one of the counter schools as the Park boy disappeared into the pantry, returning with a couple of their favourite snacks.

"So you're worried about Jay as well?" He asked, and Lina nodded, opening the bottle of chips. "He hasn't really spoken about it at all, and just said it and got on."

"I told him French sayings from my mom." Lina replied. "Do you think if I threaten him with her a little bit her might pull it together?"

"As soon as you got in a group that required you to smile I see you're directing your usual performance energy into something else." Sunghoon rose his eyebrows, dodging Lina's joking slap.

"You've all met my parents.. my mom is my mom. I love you mom, if the cameras happen to be on me. Please don't kill me." Chaerin quickly spoke, causing Sunghoon to laugh again. "But I thought the French would do something - he thinks it's pretty. If I just keep repeating them do you think he'll get the message?"

"Alright I think it's time to get you back to the studio." Sunghoon said, gently pulling Lina off of her stool and dragging her across the room, speeding up to a jog until they got to the door of the once-gym.

"Come and watch it later, and don't laugh." Lina said, briefly hugging Sunghoon before disappearing inside.

"I will do!" He shouted after her, before returning to the item room, a permanent smile fixed to his features.

teamwork makes the dream work

[ 💌 ]