˗ˋ 08

-ˋ₊˚.🐚🏹 ₊° ꒱
🗒 :: ep.2 pt.8 ┊͙
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Rain made Lina so nervous - she was so in awe and it felt surreal to be in his presence

Rain made Lina so nervous - she was so in awe and it felt surreal to be in his presence. Let alone be judged by him.

"Now, is your test preparation coming along well?" He asked, and Lina replied with the rest of them, her hands wrapped around each other, trying to stop them from shaking.

"I'm curious where your skills are at right now. Let me see your group choreography." Rain said. "It's best you make mistakes now, in front of me. It's like athletes, it's best to make mistakes in front of the coach during practise so that you can fix the problem and go on."

"Go to your formation now." He instructed, and the group rushed to take their places. The music began playing, and Chaerin could feel herself getting more into it as the dance went on, feeling less and less nervous, and more confident with herself.

They finished, Lina's chest heaving as they hurried back into one long line, as instructed by the producer.  "Now you're going to sing." Rain said, and almost instantly, that confidence began to drain out of her.

Practically begging herself not to loose all of it, Chaerin waited as Niki, Geonu and Jungwon went, trying to catch her breath.

Part four came and went, and Chae hoped she did rather well, the slight nod from Rain afterwards suggesting she had done.

Almost as soon as the singing was over, Rain rushed them back to their formation, where they combined the two.

Chaerin had been doing this sort of thing for years, breathing practise and how to manage your breathing whilst dancing and singing - she was pretty good at it.

Hopefully, the nerves didn't make her worse at it, because she could feel herself wobble slightly as she danced, trying to focus solely on herself rather than any other trainees or Rain.

This time it seemed to be over quickly, and trying to catch their breath, the trainees waited anxiously for Rain to speak.

"Niki." The Japanese boy was addressed first, answering immediately. "You must practise your pitch accurately. Got it? You've got part one, the first part. With the pressure of having that part, you've got to try harder."

"It's not easy to sing in a different language. But where you're at right now, you really need to practise more." Rain told him, Niki nodding.

Rain quickly gave out brief help to the other trainees as well - Lina was told to try and be more stable, to keep her voice steady, confirming her thoughts that she had been shaky.

"But I have one concern." Rain continued, addressing the whole group. "Just dancing and singing won't help you pass this round easily." He said. "The stage has six stages that will transform."

In front of the group, the stage began moving around in various directions, the numbers one to thirteen labelled in the floor, clearing stating where each part would be.

"The variable pieces will move around freely. You will have the test on this moving stage." Rain said.

"This is where I began to get really nervous." Chaerin said, a black background behind her. "I might have done a lot of breathing exercises, but I've never performed on a moving stages. It's always usually stuck together." She smiled slightly, clearly anxious as she fiddling with her sleeves.

"As well as the choreography, the formation on the moving stage must be pulled off perfectly in this test." Lina nodded, staring down at the lit hostage rather than at producer Rain, who was instructing them.

They were then instructed to leave, and the group trudged their way back to the gateway, standing in it and heading back to the practise room for a last hour or so of practise before they were to go and make dinner.

Except that didn't really got to plan for Lina, as she slid to the ground, back resting against the cold mirror. She only was going to sit there for a few minutes, have a drink of water.

Curled up in the corner, head resting against the glass, it didn't take her long to fall asleep, the boys dancing in front of her.

It wasn't long until the boys saw she had fallen asleep, and whilst those who had known her for long were all for pranking her, those who hadn't known her as long decided it was probably best to get her up off of the cold floor.

Which would be why she would later wake up in her own bed, having been carried up there.

Emerging from the bedroom, she saw the boys sat in the couch. "Sleeping beauty finally wakes up." Heeseung commented, as Lina slipped down onto the seat beside him, resting her head on his shoulder.

Just from listening in, she soon found out they were considering who was to be center again. She felt awful for Heeseung and Niki, who both had the place, and whilst Heeseung had moved off of it, Niki still had it.

She didn't say anything but moved over to where Niki was, briefly hugging the boy before picking up a cushion, leaning back against it as she listened. The boy had slightly red rimmed eyes, and Lina knew exactly what that meant.

Listening as Jungwon put forward Heeseung as his choice, then as Seon gently asked Niki if he could do it, she could only worry. There was so little time between then and the test.

Could they really risk that?

teamwork makes the dream work

[ 💌 ]