˗ˋ 11

-ˋ₊˚.🧸🍒 ₊° ꒱
🗒 :: ep.5 pt.11┊͙
╰┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

As always, no matter what awful gut feeling Lina found resting in her stomach, they greeted the returning unit with applause

As always, no matter what awful gut feeling Lina found resting in her stomach, they greeted the returning unit with applause. Because no matter how much they were dreading hearing the next words from the presenter or system, nobody could deny what a good job the Flame On unit had done.

"You did great." Sunoo complimented as they moved forward, hugging the five returning I-Landers, listening to a few of their worries and reassuring them that they had done well - because they had.

It seemed that with each unit, there were those who unexpectedly doubted themselves. It wasn't unecessary, everyone was feeling as if there was a possibility of them geeting eliminated, but it seemed those whose feedback had fallen to the side of being worse were even more worried.

"Let's not worry." Lina spoke up, voice shaking slightly with nerves despite her encouraging tone. "We all did really well." The others nodded, and no matter how tense they felt about their position as an I-Lander within the final, began to spoke up with their own reassuring words.

They remained gathered within the someewhat-circle of chairs, before heading upstairs to pack all of their stuff up. Lina slipped into the bathroom to change into the uniform, pinning her debut badge to the front of it.

She decided to keep her hair up in the low ponytail, but pulled the curls framing her face behind her ears for now. Rather conveniently, Lina 'forgot' to take out the pearl heart hair clip, eyes brushing over it and leaving it on there, hoping that nobody would tell her to take it off.

She just found it so pretty, and after cleaning up her makeup a bit, frowning as she wiped away the colourful stars - leaving a singular pink one there anyway - the girl left the balcony, joining the others as they packed up their stuff.

And with her black bag, alongside her gifted backpack were all filled with her things, Lina made her way down to the lobby, sitting in her ranked chair, twisting her hands in her lap.

Talk seemed to be kept down, everyone too nervous to hold a proper conversation and just hoping that it would work out just fine for them. Even though they knew one of the group would be leaving.

Just as always, the sound of the alarm surprised them, alerting them and forcing them to look towards the screen, even if all they wanted to do was avoid them.

"The third survivor announcement of part two will now begin." It announced. The gateway turned and they stood up, all of them hurrying to get out their last words of reassurance and good looks to the various I-Landers.

Lina began to step towards the gateway, jumping out of her skin when she felt a hand take hers. She looked up, seeing Sunghoon and relaxed slightly. "Nervous?" She asked, pulling him slightly as she moved up onto the first step.

"Just a bit. Everyone is." He replied quietly, and without even having to glance around Lina knew he was right. The tension surrounded them all, none of them able to full relax as they climbed up into the gateway, falling silent and letting go of each other, arranging themselves into neat lines as it began to turn.

Daniel stepped out first, leading them all out onto the stage in one long line, the eleven of them arranged into two rows in the centre of the stage, behind two raised platforms, and as they waited in silence, Lina's gaze fell on the platforms, reminded with a jolt of the very first test that they had done in I-Land, back when there was twenty-odd of them and split up into I-Land and the Ground.

Now there was eleven, and when the producers spoke and their ranks were announced, the I-Lander who placed eleventh would be eliminated. Chaerin was far too nervous, heart pounding in her ears, and a constantly reappearing layer of goosebumps across her skin.

"We will now start part two's third survivor announcment." On the screen behind them the presenter appeared once again, casting bright, white light down onto the stage, illuminating the reflections of their feet on the floor. "Where one chosen by the producers will be eliminated. First, this is the current rankings of the I-Landers after the global voting for the 'Chemi' test."

The presenter went down the line, announcing their names one by one, followed by their ranks. "Now, we will reveal the new rankings of the eleven participants, as determined by the producers during the concept test."

A shiver ran down Lina's back as the banners that lined the two screens either side of the I-Landers dropped, replaced with the blank silhouette.

"Only the ten I-Landers who survive after these results may participate in the live, Final test performance." The presenter continued. "Which determines the eight participants that get to debut."

It was just one more elimination that Lina had to survive. One more and she was in the final, and her chances of debuting within the group produced from I-Land had been heightened.

And she had every faith in herself, despite the butterflies fluttering nervously in her stomach.

i am going to follow theorder of the last episode, eventhough it breaks things upoften quite strangely

order of the last episode, even
though it breaks things up
often quite strangely. i'll be
missing out a couple of things, but
i have chapters planned out so
i hope it won't be too confusing.

 i'll be missing out a couple of things, buti have chapters planned out so i hope it won't be too confusing

teamwork makes the dream work

[ 💌 ]