Sixty eight

This was the last chapter of 'I Prefer the Dark' I had pre-written in my Google Docs

One day, Endeavor was going on one of his travels. Midnight didn't accompany him because she had her own matters to deal with.

She rounded up all of the Todoroki children and decided to take them outside to their mother's garden. It's been ages since the other siblings visited the garden, and Shoto would sneak out there any chance he could.

"Make sure you hold the bread with both hands, Shoto." Midnight says since the baguette bread was bigger than he was.

The group stopped at the bridge and Midnight broke off pieces of bread and handed each piece of the siblings.

"Natsuo! Don't eat the bread, it's for the koi!" Midnight says.

"But I'm hungry." Natsou says with a mouth full of bread.

"You just ate before we went outside!" Midnight says while gently chopping his head.

"He's stupid." Touya says while pinchng off a piece of bread.

"Don't call your brother stupid, Touya." Midnight giggles then saw Shoto reaching too far over the little ledge he climbed up.

"Shoto! Be careful, you'll fall in!" Midnight quickly grabs Shoto. She held him in her arms so he could feed the koi better as they swam by.

"Midnight! I saw a yellow one!" Fuyumi calls out.

"Very good, that's a Kigoi."

"Woah! Look! Look there's a orange one! Right there!" Natsou says.

"That one's a Ogon." Midnight says.

"There's a red one! Midnight, what's the dark red one called?" Touya asked.

"That one is a Gin Matsuba."

Shoto pats Midnight's arm and points to the one that was white mixed with red in a lighting strike pattern. "That's a Inazuma-Kohaku."

The siblings were overjoyed seeing all the various colors of fish as they threw them pieces of bread as they swam by.

After all the bread was gone, the siblings were running around and playing while midnight was sitting under one of the Sakura trees with Shoto.

"You don't want to play with your brothers and sister?" Midnight asked.

"I want to ask you something."

"Okay, what do you want to ask me?"

"Are you going to leave us?"

"Why do you think that?" Midnight asked.

"Well, what if my dad tries to get rid of you, or he won't need you anymore?"

"He won't try to get rid of me, and you don't have to worry about me leaving. I'm gonna be here for a long time, and as long as I'm here I'll take care of you." Midnight holds Shoto close, gently rubbing his back.

"And besides. I have to teach you how to be a gentleman."

"Why?"

"So you'll know how to get a mate."

"Why do I want to do that?" Shoto asked.

Midnight chuckles and rubs Todoroki's head. "You'll know when your're older. But right now, you should go play with your siblings."

Shoto nods and places a kiss on Midnight's cheek and goes to play with his siblings.

"Natsuo, be careful. He's smaller than you. Touya, don't climb up that high you're gonna get stuck up up there!"

Midnight gets up from her spot. "Touya, I know you heard me!"