Sixteen

"This will be something to help with his cough. Some ginger root, wild cherry bark, and thyme." Todoroki said pouring the herbs in the mortar and mashing it with the pestle. "How's the water coming (Y/n)?" 

"It's boiling." You said watching the small cauldron in the fireplace boil water. "Okay, bring me some. I'm gonna show you how to make medicine."

You gave a nod and grabbed the ladle and poured the hot water in the bowl and walked over towards Todoroki. 

"You see how all the ingredients are being crushed? I do this until it's all nothing but a powder. It's how I get better results. Now, I take the powder and pour it in the hot water, it dissolves the powder, and then you stir it until you no longer see it." Todoroki said as you walked you through the steps.

"It smells really strong." You said. 

"I know but it'll help." Todoroki said putting the bowl on the tray. "After he drinks this. We can help him with the wound on his abdomen." 

You looked over at one of the herb jars on the desk and saw one with dried lavender and opened up the cork, taking some out.

"Maybe some Lavander, it helps with pain. And maybe it'll help go down smoother."

"That could work." Todoroki said crushing it up with his hands and stirring it with the rest of the medicine.  

~~~~

"It's gonna have a bitter taste, but it'll help." Todoroki said as Toshinori placed the bowl to his lips and took cautious sips since it was still hot.

"What are you doing over there Deku?" You asked seen the young boy writing some stuff down. 

"I'm keeping a record on how he's doing and what things he would actually need." Deku said while writing down on paper. 

"We should let him rest now, in a few hours the drowsiness should wear off." Todoroki said. 

Meanwhile...  

"You've been moping around the past few days, what's wrong?" Midnight asked.

Momo sighed and watched Midnight make another one of her potions. "I have a problem."

"What's your problem?" Midnight said. "Todoroki...he doesn't even see me more as just another person."

"Well, that means he just doesn't feel the same way as you do. Sometimes that happens." Midnight said. "I want him to be mine."

"You can't just force someone to fall in love with you honey." 

"What if I asked for his father's blessing and arrange a marriage."

"That's not right Momo, you can't do that to him." Midnight said giving her assistant a look of disappointment. "Look, I understand you're upset but maybe you two aren't meant to be. I mean for example, if he tries to mark you, it might hurt. You have to think of young Todoroki's feelings too." 

Midnight walked to the other side of the room and grabbed her wand. "Maybe you should find someone new." Then Midnight disappeared with a puff of smoke and glitter. 

Momo then got an idea. She walked over towards the case what had her own wand inside and took it. 

~~~~

"I want to take you somewhere." Todoroki told you while taking your hand. "Where is it?" You asked. "Outside. Just give me a moment." 

Midnight handed Todoroki a small elixir bottle and drinks from it. "How long does this one last?"