Sixty one

"You're really gonna chop that chicken?" Momo asked Jiro.

"Well, yeah...we gotta eat don't we?" Jiro asked while taking the arrow out of the now dead chicken she shot.

"It'll only take a second, then we have to pluck it." She explains while they head back to Jiro's cottage. "What you never prepared your own chicken?"

"No."

"Well, you got a lot to learn about preparing your own food." Jiro grabs the cleaver and chops the chicken's off making Momo jump.

"See, easy." Jiro shrugs.

Momo gags after watching her toss the chicken's head away. "It wasn't that bad." Jiro laughs then she starts plucking a few feathers. 

" Save a couple of feathers, I can use them later." She tells Momo.

"Alright." Momo cautiously moves to pluck some of the chicken's feathers when Jiro sneakily makes the chicken flinch.

"AH!" Momo backs away and Jiro bursts out laughing. 

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't think I'd scare you that bad." She says while catching her breath. 

Momo laughs a bit and blushes out of embarrassment. "It was a little funny."

After preparing the chicken, Momo lights the oven. "What else are we going to eat with the chicken?" 

"I got some stuff from the garden, we can make a nice vegetable stew." Jiro says while grabbing a knife. 

"Let me get that for you." Momo says. She went to grab the knife and her hand brushed against Jiro's.

The shorter girl's face turned a shade a pink and looked away. "I'm going to get some Basil. Stay Beautiful...There! I meant stay there! Yeah, that's what I meant. I'll be right back." Jiro then awkwardly walks away.  

~~~

"You're a good cook." Momo says while finishing the last of her stew. 

Jiro smiles. "You say that every meal, but thank you." 

"Speaking of, I want to thank you." 

"For what?"

"The food, the shelter, the clothes, the...second chance of life." Momo says the last part awkwardly. 

"Oh, you're welcome." Jiro gets up from her seat at the table. 

"Would you like seconds?"

"No thank you, I'm alright."

Jiro went to go put the bowls in the sink when she tripped over one of her books. "Dammit, pardon the mess, I've meant to clean ages ago." She picks up the book and places it with the others scattered around the house. 

"I'll be back, I need to go collect some moonflowers since it's already nightfall." Jiro says while putting on her cloak. "If I'm not back sooner, goodnight." 

"Goodnight." 

Jiro closed the door behind her leaving Momo by herself in the cottage. 

Momo sighs. "She so pretty and she's done so much for me. I should do something nice for her." 

~~~

I went to go see My hero Academia: Heroes rising the other night. I FREAKING LOVED IT!!💓❤