The Sun Festival

Madeline's POV:

I tried texting Lewis and Dane. Of course, Joy's in a flight, she can't text me back. But, what if I call them?

"Hello?"

"Hey, Lewis! Um, how are you doing? You had fun with Emily?"

He chuckled "More than fun! I got to obtain Jack Frost's memories! All of his memories, since his early childhood!" I seem to be left out of the situation myself. "Oh...I see! Well, I got to call you later. Bye!" I hung up. What about Dane? I'm sure he hasn't gone there yet. I called Dane. "Um, hi, who's this?" Dane asked. "You don't have my number on your phone?" I complained. "I don't save the numbers! it's too tiring. Anyway what do you need?" I sighed. "You obtained Hiccup's memories, haven't you?" He shrieked. "Yeah I did! It was all so amazing! And, the way I obtained it, I looked into a dragon's eyes. I'm guessing, it was Toothless-" I hung up. Well, I hate to be left out. Probably, Joy's having a fun time obtaining Merida's memories.

"Hi Madeline, you're up!"

"Hi Icy. I gotta go. See you soon! And, thanks for the kind hospitality you've shown me!"

I packed up my things and went out of Icy's house. She's just a friend I met in the Science Fair, and we seem to get along with each other. I suddenly got a buzz on my phone. It was Lewis, asking me to go with him on a Sun Festival. Sun Festival? Isn't that a festival for the commemoration of the Corona Family, who died- WAIT! SUN FESTIVAL!!!! It's my only chance to obtain Rapunzel's memories! I texted Lewis back a 'sure I'll go.' kind of thing. Ooohhh!!!! I'm so excited! He called me and I answered immediately.

"Hey Maddie!"

"Yup Lewis?"

"Em's coming with us."

"It's okay! It's okay!"

"Then, we'll meet in the Corona Kingdom ruins."

"Sure!"

He hung up and I jumped for I don't know seconds. This is so exciting!!! I ran to the nearest bus station just to get to the Sun Festival! Oh, I love this! The moment I reached my destination, I saw Lewis and Emily also getting off a bus. "Lewis, Hey!" I called him and immediately caught his attention. Him and Em walked towards me. "Hi Madeline!" Em greeted me. "Hi Emily! Are you excited for-" I don't know what I really went here for. It's just for Rapunzel's memories I suppose. "The lighting of lanterns." Lighting of lanterns? Wait...I didn't know about that! "Oh. What do they do with the lantern lighting?" I asked. "In commemoration for the Corona Family, they lit lanterns during Rapunzel's birthday. Because, when the King and Queen lost her, they light lanterns every night of her birthday to celebrate it." I smiled. That's a good story.

"Mommy, mommy look! It's Rapunzel Corona!"

"Oh it does look like her! And that long hair too!"

I heard a mother and daughter say about me. "It would be awkward with me around here since I'm Rapunzel's reincarnation. If I'm here, they'll crowd around me since they'll think I'm her." I whispered to Lewis. "No, they wouldn't think that. Rapunzel's dead. Because of their fight with Pitch remember? Sad, her parents never got a chance to see her now." I frowned. I never got to see my real parents too. "Look, it's getting dark. The lanterns are about to get lit! Here, I got one also for you. They're just free." I smiled and took one of the lanterns Lewis was holding. "Wait, those holding the lantern in front...are they..?" Lewis nodded. "Yup. Governor Jonathan and his wife, Mrs. Liana Coleman." They look so familiar. "And, surprisingly, they look like you Madeline!" I'm really confused right now! "Then why is my hair blond?" I asked him. "Because, same as I, you're obtaining Rapunzel's appearance, powers and next, her memories." Yeah, I remember that. "But my hair was since birth." I said. "Well, I don't know now." He chuckled. Once the lantern in front waslit and lifted, all the other lanterns followed. "Come on!" Lewis and I lifted our lanterns at the same time.

"And at last I see the lights."

"It's beautiful."

I looked a thoselanterns floating above. They were so beautiful. They were...magical! "Free sun banner!" A person in the crowd shouted. Lewis got one, and gave it to me. I raised it up to the air. And suddenly, I see a room painted with this sun. I see two people, but they were just a blurr. Then, I remember a woman who has black hair. She looks like my mother! She locked me up in a tower high above the ground and...someone came there and took me away. "AHHH!!!" I suddenly screamed. Most of the people ignored, but some looked at me. "What's wrong?" Lewis asked. "I was in a tower." I told him. "You finally obtained Rapunzel's memories!" He was so happy. I don't know if I should be, since it was all new to me. "Let's go home." Lewis said. "This was your plan, all along?!?" He chuckled. "No, it was just a perfect timing!" He said, and we laughed.

"What's with all the commotion?"

"I almost forgot you were here little monster!"

Lewis carried Emily and then we went home together since we were neighbors. Yes! I finally remember! But there was one thing weird. Lewis's and my pendant are glowing.

"What is this?"

"A message."

---------------------

Woooooooooaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I'm loving those open-ended type of ending of a chapter.