The Tapestry

Joy's POV:

"Joy, I want to talk to ye about something."

"Wot is it mum?"

I was sitting on the couch when mum suddenly wanted to talk to me about something 'important' as she said. "I know ye love it here, but ye do know also that I want yer safety." I narrowed my eyebrows. "Where is this heading?" I asked. "I've arranged a flight back to Scotland for the both of us, in our private jet tomorrow." My jaw dropped. I stood from the couch. "ARE YE KIDIDNG ME?!?!?!" I exclaimed. "Ohhhh!!!!" I grunted. "Joy, it's for the best." She said. "I don't want to live my life as a damsel in distress again! By distress I mean, distressed in that forsaken house again! Oh goodness!!!! Ye know better than trapping me back there!" I shouted. "Don't talk to me in that way missy! Never call yer home a forsaken one! That's where most of yer good memories are." She said. "Good memories?!? For ye they're good! Wot about for me, are they one to be remembered?! No!" I exclaimed and locked myself in my room.

"Joyful! Get out of there!"

"Never! I'll lock myself in here for the rest of my life, and ye can't make me go to Scotland, ever!"

My mum kept banging on the door, but I'm not gonna open it! I don't care, I'll starve myself to death. I unlocked my cellphone and decided to send a text message to Lewis, Dane and Madeline. Of course, Madeline went to a science fair so she isn't here. Ugh. Why should I have this fate? I texted wot was in my heart and clicked send. I do hope one of them answers!!! Suddenly, my phone buzzed. It was Dane. He asked me 'why?'. Well, it was all in the text message wasn't it!?! I'm just waiting for Madeline's text. But second was Lewis's. I was shocked, for of course I thought he chose to risk his life. But most of all, I was shocked by his message. I read it.

"'Go, it's your turn to know what lies within Merida's fate. Her fate is yours to finish. Just go through with it. I'm sure you won't regret it, I swear, something good will happen.'" I read it and it was so confusing. Merida's fate is mine to finish?! Her fate is already finished since she's dead! Gosh Lewis! I decided to come out of the room and my mum stood there. "I know! Yer gonna lecture me and say 'I was right! Blah blah blah'. I get it okay? It's for my own sake and yer doing this for me." I said and she walked towards me to give me a hug. "I'm glad ye've come to that decision my dear Joyful." She's not going to scold me or wotever!?

"Come on, let's pack up!"

"Fine."

I went to my room and pack almost all of my clothes. "Just few clothes darling. We can buy any clothes there." She told me. "How long would we actually stay there?" I asked her. "For 5 years dear!" My jaw dropped again. "5 YEARS?!? WOT IS THIS A TORTURE?!?" I exclaimed. "No Joyful, don't make us shout at each other again, please!" She said. "Make it 5 months only! That I can take!" I requested. "I'm sorry, but I want ye to get used to our place once again." She said. "I lived there for 13 years mum. 13 years!!! Of course I'll get used to it eventually." I said. "Then ye'll stay there until this Pitch Black-whoever he is-mayhem has been resolved." I grunted. "But it wouldn't be resolved without me to help!" I exclaimed. "Shush now." I groaned. She's making me so infuriated!

I took a bag and packed few of my clothes. Wot can I do? Nothing. She's my mum and if I don't want this or that she doesn't listen! She doesn't care about wot I want. It's for my sake, not hers! And this time, it's for the sake of all children! I need to help Madeline, Lewis and Dane about this! Though, I'm not really sure if I should trust Lewis's text message, but I guess I should. Because he experienced it, whatever it is that he experienced, I shall also have that experience!

"Um, mum..."

"Yes dear?"

"Ummm, I've decided to go with ye now. Maybe it's for the best."