Emily Maron

Madeline's POV:

"What time is it?"

"12 AM? Since we waited for you guys to get home and we finished the weapons and the transporter."

I bowed my head and tried to sleep for a bit. "Come on Maddie let's go back. My mum's already home she said in a text message." I can't open my eyes. I feel so sleepy! "What? Your mom went home when we were finishing the transporter?" She nodded, accompanying me in her arms. "I gotta go back home too. Emily's waiting for me." Lewis said and ran. "Emily? Who's Emily?" I asked, sleepily. "Don't be jealous Maddie, it's alright." I suddenly slept, and I felt Joy carried me behind her back.

"Wot's with her?"

'"Carry her to the guest bed for I also have to pass out on this couch."

I heard Joy said. Her mom dragged me across the room and put me on the guestbed. Yes. She dragged me. The guestbed is where I sleep in Joy's apartment. "Joy I want to talk to ye about something." Her mom spoke. "Maybe tomorrow? I don't want to listen to it now." She said and snored. I really blacked out. I'm now asleep tight so if I hear anyone, I would ignore what they are saying cause I am really sleepy.

--------

I woke up, and rose from the guestbed I'm sleeping on. "Morning Madeline!" Joy greeted me as she was sitting on the other side of the table. "Come on, eat now. We don't want to starve a guest!" Joy's mom said. "Oh no, I'm not a guest-guest. I've been sleeping here for two nights." Joy's mom smiled and looked at Joy. "Wot?! She's the one who requested cause her mother is bonkers and wants her hair! I have no choice, she's also my bestfriend!"'Joy complained. Her mom faced me with a smile. "Oh, I guess it's alright." She said and gave me a plate with sunny side-ups. I placed one on my plate and took some mashed potatoes.

"Yeah, get used to it. When mum's here, no rice!"

"Oh it's okay. We usually have soup back at home."

I ate my breakfast and put it on the sink. "Joy, be polite and do the dishes." Her mom ordered and Joy grunted. She placed the dishes on the sink too. "I can help you." I told her. "Cool. Okay!" Joy and I washed the dishes togther. Afterwards, we checked our phones to see if we have messages. We both have one. "Lewis said it's her sister's birthday party! Let's go! He's inviting us!" I exclaimed. "I read it ye know? Besides he might introduce ye to her sister as his future wife!" I rolled my eyes. "Stop it okay?" I said and we laughed.

We dressed up our best to go to the party. I mean, come on, it's Lewis's sister. His sister! He never talked much about his sister. I thought he was an only child until yesterday. I wore a pink blouse and white slacks. I partnered it with sandals. "Hey Joy, could you braid my hair?" I asked her. She came out of her room, wearing a hoodie with 'ROCK ON' design on it. She also wore shorts and boots. She didn't do anything to her hair. She kept it down. "Braid yer hair? Ye serious?" I face-palmed. Joy doesn't know how to braid!!! "I can do braid." Her mom suddenly showed up. She made me sit down on the floor while she does the braiding. "I studied braiding when I was pregnant so I could do it on Joy's hair. But who knew that she got hers on the side of her father's family. When I try to straighten, it would cost me much just to do it!" I chuckled. "Ye don't have to tell her that! It's embarrassing mum!" Joy complained. "Oh, it's natural!" Her mom said.

I rose up form the floor minutes later. It was well-done! "Thanks a lot Mrs. DruBern!" I exclaimed. "It's nothing." She said with a smile. "Come on now Maddie!!!" She said and went outside the room. "Be careful!" Joy's mum said and waved her hand. I followed Joy out and we went to Lewis's house. There were lots of children. They surrounded Lewis, I think they asked about his appearance. We saw Dane, sleeping on one table. "Lewis!" I called to him. He saw us and waved at us. He immediately went and greeted us. "Have you guys met Emily?" He asked and we shook our heads. "Hey, Em!" A girl suddenly turned her head back and came running towards us. She has a brown hair with bangs, and has a mole near the eye. She smiled and her teethgap was adorable.