Dark Tracks (Dark Apprentice cont.)

Dane's POV:

I walked alone in the streets going to my house. I do hope Lewis gets better, and that Joy and Madeline go home safely. I finally reached my house and knew immediately Toothy, my bear cub, was about to attack me with his little paws. "Hey there bud!" I greeted him and he nudged me with his snout. I carried him and put him down for a little while.

"Hey dad."

"Oh son! You're home! I left you chicken on the dining table!"

I put my bag down and ate dinner first. After, I washed it in the sink and took my bag and went upstairs. I have nothing to do, so I sketched a little something on my notebook. Ombric told me that a Rubik's Cube transporter could be possible so that we could teleport to North Pole fast. While I was sketching, I heard a tap on the window. Is it raining? Hm, I don't think so. I pushed the curtains aside and saw Joy smiling outside my window. She even waved at me! Is she serious?!?

"Dane! Open up!"

"Yeah Dane!"

A second voice came from below. I'm guessing it was Madeline. I opened up the window and let them in my room. "Sorry if it's a little messy." I said. "Little?! It's a catastrophe!" Joy exclaimed and it was insulting..."Pfft. What Joy meant is that you have a lot of ideas." Madeline said with a smile. "So, what drove you here?" I asked them. "LEWIS IS CRAZY! HE STALKED US IN MY APARTMENT!" Joy exclaimed. "Shhhh! Tone down! My father would know you're here!" I told her. She crossed arms and narrowed her eyebrows. "Then maybe he'd go up here when Lewis goes here also." Joy said. "Seriously?! Lewis is tracking you?" I asked her. "Us! Dummy." Madeline exclaimed. "So I suggest you better work on that transporter cause our time's ticking." She said.

"Go down the ladder, and meet me at the farthest shed."

"Fine."

Joy and Madeline went out the window again and went down the ladder. I ran out of my room, downstairs and to the farthest shed, where I keep Toothy. Madeline and Joy were also there. "So, what's in this shed?" Madeline asked. "Ideas. Lots of ideas. And, my bear cub." I said, and they both looked at each other. "BEAR CUB?!" They exclaimed at the same time. "That's plain crazy." Madeline said. "THAT'S INSANELY AMAZING!" Joy exclaimed. She immediately opened up the door to the shed and Toothy attacked her. "Aw, it likes me!" She said, cuddling Tootju "Yeah, I think you two are mutual." I told her and then went inside. "Is it okay if we go too?" Madeline asked and I nodded.

"Wow, is that a glider?!"

"Yep."

Joy touched some of my inventions and Madeline did too. They were both so amazed of my wonderful creations. "How about that Rubik's Cube transporter Ombric said? You're working on it?" Madeline asked and I nodded. "I'm thinking about how to do it. I know I said if we complete the colors, it will trigger some kind of portal so that we can go to the North Pole without hassle. But just by thinking about it, it's very hard." I said. "We don't care! No offene, Dane if ye can't do it, we'll be glad to help ye! Lewis is just going cray-cray!" Joy exclaimed, also making weird gestures. "Okay. This is my plan." I showed them my notebook with a drawing of the Rubik's Cube and how to trigger the portal. They seem to agree with it.

"But, how can we trigger the portal with the Rubik's Cube?"

"That's why we need an artifact or something they own that's with us."

We three though hard of something. But, can their possibly be any? "Wait! Dane, your book! It was written by Ms. Kirina, a.k.a Mother Goose Katherine! She's a guardian! Maybe we can use it for the portal." Madeline said and Joy and I agreed to it. Actually, it's a pretty good idea! It's a genius one! I hurried back tomy house and upstairs to get my book. I kept it close to my chest as I hurry downstairs. "Where are you going?" I stopped, and looked at my dad. He was just sleep talking and left the TV open. Oh for the love of- I shut the TV off and then went out of the house. I went back in the shed and placed the book on the floor. "So, we'll add osme kind of sucking tube on top of the cover an dthe energy's drained?" Madeline asked. "That could probably work too!" Joy exclaimed, and we placed a tube on top of the book and connected it with the Rubik's Cube.

"There's nothing."

"Maybe we just need to test it a little bit more?"

We waited for maybe an hour trying to see if it works. "I'm tired, and I want to eat. Can I go eat first?" Joy asked and I shook my head. "You might miss anything. Let's wait." I said. "But we've been waiting for an hour. What about, we should rest first and go back later?" Madeline suggested. I shook my head again. "Lewis might be out there. It's safe to stay here." I said. "Oh right. Lewis is bonkers now." Joy said and decided to stay. Another hour has passed, and Madeline and Joy slept. Joy was snoring, Madeline was sleeping peacefully. "Ah, pigs." I told myself. I looked at the book. Why isn't it working? It's been two hours. I'm also tired. It's getting dark too. The shed was surrounded by darkness, but then I saw a little gleam of light. I look down my chest and my necklace's pendant was glowing. So was Madeline's and Joy's! I shook them and the woke up.

"What, what!?"

"Your pendants are glowing! They might be the ones needed for the transporter's energy source!"

I exclaimed. "It might be another message coming from the guardians. Let's answer them!" Madeline said. "What if it's a sign that we should use it?" I asked but joy shook her head. "I agree with Maddie. We should answer it first." She said, and we three closed our eyes and then touched our pendants. A hologram showed up again. It was only Rapunzel, Hiccup and Merida again.

"We're so glad you got our message!" Rapunzel exclaimed.

"But there's been a bad news." Merida said worriedly.

Hiccup closed his eyes and opened it again with troubled emotions. "Jack cannot connect with Lewis. He's been sick ever since Pitch talked to Lewis. It seems that Pitch affected Lewis's inner guardian spirit that's why Jack can't connect to him." Rapunzel said. "Can you do anything about it?" Madeline asked. "I'm afraid we can't. We had our fight, and now, this is yours. Joy, Dane, and Madeline, Lewis's fate depends on you. Save him and so Jack can also be saved. Please hurry! Your time's running out." They vanished and then the windows in my shed cracked and broke. "W-what the?" The door burst open.

"Why, you're having a party and I'm not invited."

"Lewis?"

Lewis's appearance is changing! His hair, from white slowly becomes black, and his eyes from blue turns pale yellow! His smirk is as mischievious as before. "Lewis, please don't do this. You're better than this!" Madeline said. "Pfft. No one's better than anyone! Change your minds my fellow friends and follow him." He said, trying to make us change our minds about Pitch. "Why should we follow him? He's the one destroying ye Lewis!" Joy exclaimed. "No. He gave birth to a new beginning! My master shall be hence forth known as the guardian of all times! The Guardian of Nightmares!" Lewis exclaimed with a hideous laugh. On his right hand was black sand beginning to form something...it was a scythe. A black scythe. I widened my eyes. "Pitch is a guardian? He's the 9th guardian on our track?" I asked myself. "Yes Dane, my best friend! Come join me and praise thy master!" He said and giving me a hand.

"NO! I will never be Pitch's apprentice! He's fooling you!"

"What nonsense!"

He turned to Madeline. She was shedding tears. I know Lewis wouldn't do this to the girl she likes. Not like this. "Join me Maddie. We can explore the world together. With him!" Madeline closed her eyes. She opened it again and stared at something. I also looked at where she's looking. It was a necklace Lewis was wearing. It wasn't a staff, it's a scythe. "Okay Lewis, I'll come with you." Lewis smirked and offered her a hand. Madeline smiled at us and took his hand. "Bye." Lewis said and laughed with an evil aura. They vanished into thick black clouds.

"Wot was Madeline thinking? All she ever thinks about is love and stuff! She isn't even thinking straight!"

"No, she sacrificed herself. She figured a way to free Lewis from Pitch's clutches. His necklace."

Joy looked at me and shrugged. I just hope Madeline succeeds in her new mission. Otherwise this is going to waste.

---------------

WAAAOHHHHHH I HONESTLY THINK THIS IS A GOOD CHAPTER. TBH. I LOVE THIS CHAPTER SO FAR. OKAYOKAY THIS IS GETTING SOMEWHEEERE.