Night Light Jace

Dane's POV:

After Lewis solved the phrase, we were ready to go and fetch Night Light Jace, the guard near the garden who stopped us when it was class hours. "Night Light Jace, why wasn't he in my book?" I muttered. "What, Dane?" Madeline asked me. "Why wasn't Night Light Jace in my book?" I asked again. "Maybe because he wasn't meant to be found there? Or, maybe he's there but, with just a thought. That page is hidden." Madeline answered again. Pfft. That's pretty impossible. What kind of an author would make a book with a hidden page?

"Hey, there's the entrance!"

"Let's make it out then! We need Night Light Jace to answer my questions!"

Lewis, Madeline and Joy stopped and stared at me. "Wot kind of questions?" Joy asked me. "Like why he isn't in my book!" I answered hysterically. Lewis chuckled. "Maybe you should have asked that question earlier to Ms. Kirina. Or Mother Goose." He answered, slipping his hands in his pockets. "Dane, don't be too hysterical now. Everything has its moments. Now, let's go get Night Light Jace to find the next guardian." Madeline told me with a convincing smile. "Fine, okay. I won't be hysterical now." I said, just going on with the flow. They smiled, and we started to run again, to catch Night Light Jace.

"Ey! Stop joking on me ya weak turd!"

"Come on Bunny!"

We suddenly stopped, and heard Bunny and Night Light Jace's conversation. "Hey, what are we stopping here for?" I whispered to Joy, who seems to be concentrating on the matter. "Sh! They seem to be having an important conversation we need to know..." She replied. "Why can't we just ask them about it?" Madeline asked Lewis with the same situation. "Because even if we do ask, they won't reply with the appropriate answer, so let's just shush!" He answered, in a quietly, aggressive tone. If I knew it.

"I heard Pitch is coming to this school, aye?"

"Hey, you shouldn't be messing with Manny and Pitch's conversation! Even I don't listen."

Night Light Jace started to pick up Bunny with his own hands. "I don't know what we're supposed to do, but this is a test for the reincarnations, that we shouldn't butt in. In the end, they're still gonna fight Pitch." Night Light Jace said, with a frowning face. Maybe he's concerned for us. "Aye, but I don't get why the Old Man insists that they should fight Pitch! They're just kids!" Bunny said, crossing his little arms. "But sooner or later, they're gonna know the truth. So let's just keep it a secret okay?" Night Light Jace told Bunny and they agreed to it.

"I call this crap."

"Me either."

Joy and Lewis went back inside the school and Madeline followed. No..they misunderstood the guardians. As I follow them back, my shoes made a squeak. Joy, Madeline and Lewis looked at me with a shocked expression. I hurried back inside. "Hey, who's there?! It's school hours now! Go back to your classes!" Night Light Jace shouted, even we recognized his voice, dangling with panic.

"I can't believe they want us to fight Pitch. It's all planned!"

"Yeah, I hate being a reincarnation! Can't they just leave that Pitch alone? He's trying to find his own happiness!"

Joy and Lewis started ranting. "What if this was a reality show? That'll be so awesome! Let's keep on with it!" Madeline said, trying to lighten up the situation. "Reality show with made-up characters? Sooner or later, we'll get to find out that they're famous actors and actresses using special effects to make them look like out of this world! Aliens that use disguise!" Lewis exclaimed, his heart full of anger.

"Guys, I'm starting to think you don't understand..."

The three looked at me, with an expressions that says 'explain to us clearly then' on their faces. "Didn't you hear them? They were worried about us. If we keep thinking that they don't care, we won't understand them. Maybe Manny and Pitch had a past. Like, they were friends, and now enemies? We can keep thinking about it forever, that they're all plotting this to make us suffer, but for me there's a reason why. And, we're soldiers, fighting for the happiness of every children of the earth. Without us, everything will disappear in an instant." I tried to explain, but I guess they'll still fight with me.

"Then why don't they fight Pitch themselves?! Why do they need us?!"

"Pitch maybe dangerous, but what if he just wants to be known more?! Ye need to explain that!"

Knew it. I knew they'll rant again. "That's why we need to find the guardians." I said, with a stern voice. "Lewis, remember everything Sir North told you?" I asked him. "Yeah, but I don't want to talk about it." He said, being stubborn. "Lewis, please let's cooperate with Dane, to find the answer. If we don't, then we'll just keep on complaining for the rest of our lives, not knowing what is truly going on!" Madeline said, trying to convince Lewis. He just let off a deep sigh. "He told me to go to North Pole on the first week of Winter." He said. "Maybe, there's a reason behind it! We've got to know, after we go there." I said, trying to calculate the situation.

"We? You'll go there too? I'm immune to cold, I'm becoming like Jack Frost! You guys would not survive."

"Pfft. Funny reason Lewis. But, we're your friends, and where ever you go, we'll go."

Madeline told him with a bright smile. I also smiled. "Wot are ye two smiling for?!" Joy said, confused. "It means, we're ready. So, Joy, are you ready?" We asked her and she smirked. "Heck yeah! Now, let's go get Night Light Jace!" We all laughed.

There's always a reason behind these things. I know there is. We just need to find the answer to unlock the mysteries of being a reincarnation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, so I haven't updated for 3 months, and it's a big sorry for me to make. First of all, I have been very busy with school that I can't make up my mind anymore. Education system has changed, we have summative test for ALL subjects. And that pressures me a lot. They even changed the grading system and that's what makes it worse! I mean, even the grading system?! Now, all my grades are jumbled, and I strongly believe I won't get a honor this year. So wish me luck and, there will be very slow updates. Thank you!