Connections

{2, 634 words}

Suga woke up to a loud whimper, and opened his eyes. He heard rapid breathing, and soft sobs. He turned around, and found Jungkook holding his arm as he cried. "Kook? What's wrong?" He immediately asked, sitting up. It didn't seem too late at night, maybe only midnight? "I- h-hyung, h-help." Jungkook breathed heavily as he stared down at his arm; the one that wasn't in a white cast.

"Jungkook, what's wrong?" Suga asked as he got out of bed, ignoring the pain in his thigh from cutting it the night before. "H-hyung, I-I don't know what to do!" Jungkook panicked as he sniffled. "Do about what, what's wrong?" Suga asked as he now stood in front of the maknae. He looked down at his arm when Jungkook started slightly hyperventilating.

"Oh god! Jungkook, what did you do?" Suga immediately gasped at his blood-covered arm, taking him to his bathroom to rinse off the blood. "I-I- hyung, t-they m-made me do it, I don't know, I couldn't stop it." Jungkook cried as Suga quickly flicked on the light, turning on the faucet in the sink. "What do you mean, they- this might hurt." Suga told him as he slowly led Jungkook's bleeding arm under the room- tempature-set water.

Jungkook winced and cried out as Suga quickly rinsed his arm off, eager to find out why it was bleeding so much. "Oww, hyung~" Jungkook whimpered as he tried not to retract his arm. "What did you cut your arm on, Jungkook? It's all the way down your arm." Suga gasped silently at the long, deep cut down the maknae's arm. "A r-razor b-blade." Jungkook sobbed. Suga froze at the two words.

"On purpose?" Suga asked after a while of silence from him. His heart was going a million miles an hour at the thought of Jungkook cutting his arms and wrists purposefully.

"Y-yeah- h-hyung, they made m-me." Jungkook cried. "Jeon Jeongguk what the f*ck?!" Suga screamed at him, causing Jungkook to flinch. "Hyung, I-I'm sorry!" Jungkook studdered. "Jungkook, are you...cutting?" Suga instantly felt like bursting into tears. "T-this is the first t-time- I'm so sor-sorry, hyung." Jungkook whimpered, not knowing what to do now that Suga knew. "Sh*t." Suga cursed when he felt himself tearing up violently. "I-I'm so s-so sorry." Jungkook looked down at the floor as he cried more.

"Jungkook." Suga sighed as he hugged him tightly, tears slipping out of his eyes. "I-I would hug you b-back, b-but I can't." Jungkook tried laughing. "Jungkook please don't do this to yourself." Suga told him as he started to cry heavily. "Hyung, a-are you crying?" Jungkook asked with shock. Suga rarely cried, that anyone ever knew. And if he did, no one ever saw, or heard.

Ever.

"Jungkookie, please don't do this." Suga cringed internally, never calling him 'Jungkookie'. "Now I'm gonna c-cry happy t-tears." Jungkook laughed lightly. "Jungkook, I'm serious! Don't do this to yourself, please!" Suga yelled at him, instantly separating their hug. Jungkook looked back down at the floor, unable to look at his hyung in this unknown, rare state.

"I tried not to, hyungie. I swear. The v-voices made me do it." Jungkook studdered at the word. "The what?" Suga asked, hoping he heard him wrong. "There's these v-voices that tell me t-things that are b-bad, a-and they m-made me do it." Jungkook started crying again. "Oh no~" Suga whined to himself, blinking rapidly to stop himself from crying. "Okay- Kook, you tell me when these voices come back. Even if it's in the middle of the night. You wake me up and tell me, got it? And when they tell you do something like this, you need to tell me immediately as well, okay?" Suga told him, holding Jungkook's cut arm.

"But you d-don't like being woken u-up-" "If the voices come back, you will wake me up. As your hyung, I am telling you to do this, and you will not fail me, alright?" Suga interrupted him, making Jungkook look him in his eyes.