🛫Indian Air Force Day🛬

Comenzar desde el principio

मुझे यकीन है कि ये आसमान कुछ कम है।

~नफ़स अम्बालवी

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

The IAF’s first flight was formed on 1st April 1933. The first time IAF came into brave action was during the Waziristan war against the tribal. Later, IAF expanded tremendously during the Second World War. IAF has proved to be a great defence force during the war, especially in Burma. Its anonymous contribution and achievement made the IAF receive the prefix of Royal in 1945 and hence came to be known as the Royal Indian Air Force (RIAF). It was only on January 26, 1950, when India became a Republic within the British Commonwealth and the Indian Air Force dropped its “Royal” prefix.

As of 1 July 2017, the Indian Air Force has a sanctioned strength of 12,550 officers (12,404 serving with 146 under strength), and 142,529 airmen (127,172 serving with 15,357 under strength). The IAF has been involved in numerous wars: World War II, Sino-Indian War, Operation Cactus, Operation Vijay, Kargil War, Indo-Pakistan War, Congo Crisis, Operation Poomalai, Operation Pawan, and a few others. It has also been involved in the United Nations peacekeeping missions.

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

उड़ने में दम इतना है कि मौत भी सामने आए

तो कहते हैं, कि ज़रा रुक जा,

अभी और भी देश के दुश्मन मारने हैं।

~ गुमनाम

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT IAF

Hindustan Aeronautics Limited that was formed in 1948 is currently the largest defense firm in the public sector.

•The Indian Government, in January 2002, granted the rank of Marshal of the Air Force to Arjan Singh, thus making him the first and the only Five-star officer with the Indian Air Force and ceremonial chief of the air force.

•Known as the 'Father of the Indian Air Force', India’s first Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Subroto Mukerjee, was one of the Indian Air Force’s first recruits and went on to win numerous awards throughout his illustrious career.

•With around 1,70,000 personnel and 1,500 aircraft, IAF is the fourth largest air force in the world after the US, Russia, and China. The Indian air force is also the seventh strongest air force in the world.

•Adopted in 1951, the IAF flag is blue in colour and contains the National Flag in the first quadrant and a roundel of the Tricolour. Since 1933, the IAF Roundel (logo on the planes and IAF flag) has changed at least four times.

•IAF's Hindon Air Force Station, situated near Ghaziabad, is the largest in Asia and the 8th largest in the world. The highest Air Force Station is Siachen Glacier AFS, situated at a height of 22,000 ft or (or 6,706 m.).

•IAF has one Air Marshal at a time and Padmavathy Bandopadhyay is the first woman Air Marshal of the Indian Air Force. Also, she was the second woman in the Indian armed forces who was promoted to the three-star rank.

•The IAF created a world record by airlifting around 20,000 civilians in ‘Raahat’ mission during floods in Uttarakhand.

•IAF has a base in Tajikistan named Farkhor Airbase located in Farkhor, India's first and only military base outside the country.

•The President of India is the Commander-in-Chief of IAF.

•The IAF motto was approved by the then President of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad, on April 21, 1959.

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

So, let us all come together on this 8th of October and celebrate the air pride of our country, INDIAN AIR FORCE. India is a golden bird, and freedom is its new wing. Happy Indian Air Force Day!

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

तू तो तेजस, चेतक, मिग धारि,

सदा भारत का मान बढ़ाता हैं।

है अभिनन्दन के जैसे सपूत तेरे

तू भारतीय वायुसेना कहलाता हैं।।

~ गुमनाम

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

#ind_legion

◤◢◣◥◤ ◢◣◆◢◣◥◤◢◣◥ ◣◥◤◢◣ ◥◤◆◥◤◢◣◥◤