"Ah guh make dinner. Need to do somethin', kinda nervous in meeting de girls dem," she said dropping her bag on the chair. 

"Its been ah while since she bring dem here. I think it's five or six years. Ah can't tell when last ah really talk to dem to, when visiting yuh granny, dey busy with friends or away from the adult so I can't really say wuh kind of people dey is."

Julius told her about her new family, the reason why they were now American citizens, and the growth of their family. The story was actually similar to most islanders who migrate to countries outside of the Caribbean. Mothers and fathers leave their kids behind with family searching for a better life for them all. No matter how long they stay in the foreign country or how little they were able to send until they can bring their kids into their new life.

 It was already planned that her first Christmas in the US will be at her Grandmother's house in Ohio. She was looking forward to it, a new family but first she had to meet her eldest aunt and cousins. 

"Okay," she mumbled, putting all her attention into the mixing of the dough. She decided to prepare comfort food she always goes to whenever she traveled between the islands. After mixing the dough, she took out the chicken breasts, sausages and made a light green salad before leaving to go freshen up. Her father informed her the flight from Florida will be close to two hours and that included the time they will take to arrive at the house. That was enough time for her to take a good warm shower, prepare her room for visitors, and chat with her friends. When she checked her phone, she realized they were all in the middle of a very important conversation. Erica scrolled through the previous messages to catch up and found her heart aching for her new friend.

Taylor: Tomorrow I'm going...

Ayanna: We can come with you if you like. 

Taylor: Thanks for the support but I think I need to do this with fewer people around. H will drive to the funeral home.

Raine: You call or visit us if you need a friend.

Taylor: And here I thought you needed the support more than me.

Raine: It's all trivial if you look at it now. A simple high school heartache can be forgotten in a matter of days but this is your mom. You lost her and that's forever.

Taylor: It still hasn't become a reality to me as yet. I know she's gone but my mind hasn't caught up to it yet.

Alec: You will soon and when you do, there's nothing better than having friends around. They keep you sane in times like these.

Elijah: Correction, genuine friends. Some people tend to exploit one's grief.

Erica: Hey. 

Raine: Hi! We thought you were busy with the new cousins.

Ayanna: Are you hiding from them?

Trey: It isn't polite to ignore your guests, miss islander.

Ayanna: Who else is picturing Trey sitting at that large oak desk in his room texting with tons of books open on his desk.

Raine: Oh and don't forget the glasses.

Harem: And a cup of coffee on the desk.

Alec: Don't forget his demon dog by his feet.

Elijah: LMFAO. Wait. Wait. I'll get proof of our guessing.

Trey: Johnson, don't you dare!

Erica: 😆 Do it. We wanna know.

Harem: Future CEO people.

It wasn't long before Elijah posted a candid photo of Trey sternly looking at the camera, leaning over his desk with his arms firmly on the surface probably about to admonish whoever took the photo.