28.

Caribbean Dialect Included

"Aren't you gonna do something? He practically assaulted you!"

Natalie's whiny voice was getting to Bree. Still slouched against the locker, she was trying to get her shaky hands to stop. Never in her life has she seen Elijah Johnson so angry that he scared her. Reaching for her wrist that he held to restrain her, she still felt the force of the tightness he used. Everything she planned and executed didn't break him. It was the quick chance of the Shaun-Derek discovery that sent him to that level. Plus the mention of his third-world country girlfriend. Feeding Erica the scenario she gave most people at that time seemed like a sure-fire way for her to turn another girl on the billion-dollar heir. Somewhere along the line, it failed. The newcomer got THE Elijah Johnson more carefree and smiling more when with her; their relationship was filled with so much tension. 

Taking a deep breath, Bree pushed off of the locker and made her way down the hall. Natalie was still yammering beside her, but her shock was dissipating only to be replaced by anger. In her mind, in no way should she be handled that way by anyone, especially a pansy-ass, a fake white, rich boy like Elijah. Back there, her weakness was taking over, prodding her to give up, but now she simply wanted to get back at him for treating her that way. Patting her back pocket, she realized she left her phone in the car. 

"Shit, I need to make -"

"Miss Roberts. Miss Lincoln. Follow me, please." The firm, authoritative voice of the school's principal cut off the little rant she was about to make. She froze in her steps and looked towards the direction he spoke from. Natalie was already frozen, probably thinking of the trouble she was probably in.

"Yes, professor."

They both followed the slightly graying man who made sure they were within reach as he escorted them to his office. The bell ending the first block sounded,  out spilled students who spotted them from afar. One person who had homeroom and was the first to leave class saw her. The entire week he has been calling her, he even tried visiting her at home, but no one seems to be at the place. She was the reason why his folks threatened his future lifestyle. All he wanted was the original video to be destroyed, but it has been shared so often. His father suggested for her to come on board with the blackmailing rumor so he can clear his name. Any word from Bree comes like the gospel to the fickle-minded students at Spencer High. If she got them to believe that golden boy was a cheat, a mama's boy, and a fucking perv towards his sister, she can help them a great deal. Along the way, the rumors died, but there were still talks.
Watching her enter the office, he grumbled at the thought of missing another chance to get her help.

Walking through the door, Natalie and Bree caught the appraising look of the secretary. Without saying a word, she jotted down a few sentences on a notepad then made a call on her desk phone. 
"This way, ladies. Miss Garry, please ask the coach to bring two female sweatsuits to my office," the professor stated as they walked past him. When they made it to his office, he gave the secretary a nod. Costas was mentally tired of these two girls. For their entire school career, it has been one incident after the other. Detentions and suspensions were recorded on their school files, but it meant nothing to him when they randomly attend school then disappear. His wife honestly told him his bleeding heart for the students would send him to an early grave. Lately, his worries and concern were on these two. The counselor prematurely put their 'lack of focus on their home life, but he knew it was something other than that. Through the rumors filtering among the students and a few teachers, Bree had some sort of grudge against Elijah. There were many speculations about that grudge which keep getting wilder and wilder. He deduced it to be a childish issue that seems like a big thing because of her popularity.