Extra #1 - The Young Master

Spencer

The sun was shining at its brightest, pretty much showing off that it was the ruler of the sky for the day. The clouds were barely there but stayed clear from the arrogant heat circle. Birds flew from tree to tree, probably cursing the fireball in the sky, just like Shaun Roberts was currently doing in his messed-up head. It was graduation day for the senior class and everyone and their nona were out in their Sunday best snapping pictures of their little baby's big day. He finished his school year online before everyone and had the option to make a clean break from the school and town but he chose not to. 

His friends were here.

Before the large class took their designated seats at the center of the circular designed ceremony venue, he spent time with the group talking excitedly about their plans. The majority of them were traveling while one or two were getting a jump on their adult life. Shaun's appearance caused a stir and gained him some stares. He made a game of it and counted the different types of stares. Disgusted and shocked won by a landslide, he knew it was Derek's success in gaining many sheep for his pasture. It didn't bother Shaun at all. He finished high school with great grades, three letters of recommendation from teachers if he ever needs them, and references from four influential names in the business sector. For a kid from a messed-up background, he gained a lot.

He was contented.

Presently sitting between two of Derek's followers, he ignored their too-loud conversations and played a mobile game with the boys as the valedictorian gave her speech. It was a tad bit disrespectful but if you can remember every word of it, you will too. This year's valedictorian was Ayanna Sampson. She has been practicing her speech countless times, tweaking it after each feedback, and gained some courage as she did so.

"I heard the gay gene shows itself when their father ditch them. Dude must have known his son would have turned out that way."

"Fuck that shit. I'm more worried about our photos. I'm gonna be stuck next to that fucking fairy. I asked to switch but they said no."

"Photoshop it before you post it on your page. My folks plan to do that when they heard who I was sitting next to."

"Brave of him to show up. Derek must be boiling mad to see the twink that fucked up his life to show up."

"I know right. He's lucky to even step into school. I heard the Winshall millionaire is his guardian now."

"No way! I guess it could be true. Elijah and his crew still talk to him. They must have begged their folks for help. It's not like he has any hope of leaving for college."

"Derek said he kept saying they will go to college together, spouting a bunch of delusional nonsense. Derek says to keep an eye on him because he's bipolar. A fag, delusional, and has bipolar he's better off locked up in the psych ward."

"When you want to aggravate someone, it's best to put more bullshit behind your words." Those words came from Shaun, and it silenced the barely whispered conversation over his head. A snort of laughter escaped him when they turned forward and acted nonchalant to what they were trying to do.
They stayed this way until it was time to receive their diplomas. Shaun cheered loudly along with the parents of his friends when they crossed the stage. Elijah wanted to show off his 'future wife' so he proclaimed it to everyone as he carried her in his arms across the stage. Harem and Mischa followed their cousin and curtsied with the help of their graduation gown. Raine simply bent her head to show her customized cap with Rick and Morty's iconic - Peace amongst worlds sign. Ayanna was distracted when she crossed the stage, searching in the crowds. The animated wave and giddiness on her face were proof that she found the person. Few people followed her gaze and found the blushing Callum holding a sign saying, 'Congratulations, baby'. He definitely caught the piercing stare of Ayanna's father. Trey and Alec crossed the stage together, ignoring the teachers' shout for order. Gowns unhooked revealed the expensive suit they wore underneath, when they collected their diplomas they gave the audience a gentlemanly bow with identical playful smirks on their faces. The females in their class screamed their appreciation but their eyes were on the blonde who was fanning herself wildly.  Kage's act meant a lot to his father and his football coach. Before the waiting audience, he placed his signature on a brand new football along with the date and his graduating class then threw it into the audience.
It was no secret that Kage Byrons was the only footballer to be personally chosen by Baylor University's head football coach and to receive guidance from two-star football players. He didn't need to play the homecoming games he was banned from, to receive those opportunities. The last student to receive a personal invite to a college was Jayden Hector and the whole town knew what happened next.
Parents and teachers alike cheered as loud as they can following the path of the ball as it was caught by a kid sitting with her parents. She received memorabilia that will cost thousands in the future.