19.

It was Wednesday night when Raine received a text from an unknown number. For two days she missed school, her parents were worried as to why she decided to stay home when they knew she never missed a day even while sick. She couldn't tell them the true reason. Hurting over a guy she loved and will never love her back. All she wanted was a few days to compose herself before she faced the world and him. He will forevermore be in a world by himself, she had to move on without noticing him, pining after him, or even acknowledge his presence. This is what he wanted all along and he will certainly be getting it.
Reaching for the phone, she frowned at the number for a moment before opening the text. 

Unknown number: Whatever happens tomorrow, I am sorry. I thought you were just another rich kid out to get me. They played on my animosity but it was I who agreed to go along with it. I'm so sorry Raine. I'm not asking for your forgiveness. I only want to give you a heads up on what Bree and Natalie will be planning. They filmed us, I knew about it but didn't know why though. My insult of you will be released to the school. I am so sorry.

She didn't have to wonder anymore, Travis just warned her about Bree. Her hand trembled, thinking how embarrassed she will be when everyone hears how Travis degraded her. Fumbling with her phone, she called the only person she can think of.

"Hey. How are you feeling?" His deep steady voice brought down the dam of tears she was bravely trying to hold back. This time it wasn't tears of hurt but anger.

"Fucking pissed off. Bree will get the beat down she was spared all those months ago if I see her now," Raine grounded out.

"Whoa. Calm down. We'll be over there soon." No explanation was needed. Trey knew all of his friends not only by their close relationship but by observing them one by one. He was closer to Raine, the same way everyone in the group was individually connected to each other on another level. Raine was his sister and she was introduced as such whenever they met new people outside of the group.
Ending the call from her, Trey quickly called the others only stating that Raine needed them and she was pissed off. Having her in that state was rare, she was a gentle soul always wanting good for everyone. Making her angry was equivalent in kicking a puppy off your bed.

It was nearing 9 pm when the group turned up on her doorstep, as always they rang the bell and waited on her or her mother to answer. This time it was her mother, she shook her head in amusement and waved them in. She has been constantly telling them, her door was always opened to them, they can simply walk in. On the other hand, she knew, by the way, they were all raised they won't intrude so boldly no matter what time it was. 

"She's down in the rec room. Well hello, two new faces?" Mrs. Lannister smiled in Erica and Stacia's way and offered a handshake to them after warm hugs from the others. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. This is my girlfriend Erica," Elijah introduced earning a wide eye expression. 

"And this is Stacia my friend from New York," Taylor added. 

"Welcome both of you. I'll catch up with everyone soon. From the heated mutterings I overheard, I guess someone rightly pissed her off. She has been acting different lately, not confiding in her father and me."

"She'll tell you soon. You know how stubborn she is. Always want to make her own choices first before asking first," Trey spoke up.

Mrs. Lannister wrapped her arms around her body and gave them all a small smile. "That's my little girl alright. Go on down, her father restocked the fridge and snack pantry a day ago so you guys can help yourself."

"Thank you, Mrs. Lannister," they all chorused before leaving the woman in the foyer. 

Eager to know what was wrong, they all hurried to the basement door opposite the kitchen and rushed down the metal stairs which opened to the redesigned basement. No words were said when they saw Raine, they simply hugged her one by one then allowed her to continue pacing once more.