26.

Caribbean Dialect Included.

The internet surely has its moments. You can thank it for the funny posts shared by thousands every day. The information is needed to move on with whatever projects you have. What about the priceless moments shared with distant relatives. The internet is a treasure haven. 

But.

The dark side comes out at times well maybe hundreds of times a day and the video that was now circulating through Spencer's youth has reached the adults. It took a day for it to reach certain ears and in a rather humiliating way. With the events unraveling one after the other, anyone who figured out the sender of the video was Bree, will immediately think that she knew exactly what was going to happen.

The people who were met with the shocking news in a very public setting were the grandmother and mother of Derek. Wanting to have a quick brunch date with her husband before he visits his 'father', Katie Tramaine-Winshall chose one of her favorite restaurants in Spencer to do so. They were seated next to the table filled with society matrons who looked too giddy in their pastel suits and gaudy jewelry. Two chairs were empty when both she and Bryan arrived, after placing their order, her husband had to take a sensitive call outside. During his absence, Derek's mother and grandmother arrived at their table. Katie had a great view of the table and was situated to make her eavesdropping be unseen. They were talking loud enough for her to hear every sarcastic tone and curious words that left their mouths. 

"Edith. Millicent. You made it. How was the charity dinner last night?"

A snort of laughter would have escaped Katie if she didn't compose herself in time. The middle age society mama's question was filled with so much curiosity and taunting it was near comical.

"It was predictable as always but the earnings were above last year's. How are you, Karen?" Edith was the one to answer, knowing how much her daughter disliked the woman. Derek's mother, Millicent gave her a stiff smile and situated herself in her reserved seat.

"That's great. The funds from last year were enough to help the shelter. This year I'm sure we can put the balance to some other charity that wants it."

Edith and Millicent gave her a stiff nod then quietly gave their orders to the waitress who scurried toward them. Idle chatter filled the ladies' table for a while, meals were delivered along with Katie and Bryan's who returned to the table a few seconds ago. He cleared his throat to stop laughing when he noticed his wife's eavesdropping pose. All the wives of their little group had a telltale sign when they are doing things out of the ordinary. 

"Who are they?" he asked under his breath as he took a sip of coffee. His out-of-the-blue question startled her, a small squeak escaped her causing her waffle to drop from her fork. Her cute pout made him laugh as she looked forlorn at the waffle that's now on her jeans. "B," she whined, allowing him to clean up the mess on her lap.

"Sorry, baby."

"Behind us are the society mamas. Derek..."

"Selby's idiot boyfriend," he interjected.

"Yes. His mama and grammy just joined them. Something is about to go down. Snarky queen Karen Garry is leading the conversation," she continued for his ears only. Bryan shook his head at how intuned she was of Spencer's society while they were all away. Janine and the other parents probably kept her and the girls informed. 

"Is that so? Hmmm. Wonder what it is?" he mused. Bryan found himself curious about the new town gossip. The two ate slowly wanting to know what's going on. 

Back at the table, Karen resumed her somewhat form of investigation. Thanks to her daughter's love for social media and excitable demeanor, she saw the video, in full detail. The other three women who sat at the table saw the video also and couldn't wait to hear the women's deflection. 
"How's Derek doing? We are so excited for his upcoming games," Karen asked.