21.

The bell rang for the ending of the lunch period yet those who wanted justice for Raine stubbornly stayed outside the library doors, waiting for Travis. It was safe to say the entire student body was both disgusted and angry by the video. The boys begrudgingly watched it and their initial anger grew. Hearing and seeing the entire scene hurt them also. Raine was a sweetheart, she was friendly to all, an honor roll student, an advocate for any wrongdoings, and an overall good soul. Donners' harsh words of disrespect and degrading struck a chord in everyone. The football team minus Derek and his followers all stood guard outside the doors while Elijah and Mischa spoke to Travis under the watchful eyes of the librarians. Poor kid was gaining enemies all over. The ladies all had a look of disappointment on their faces, refusing to even speak to him.  Bree was able to share the video among the faculty, it made everyone wonder how far her reach was and what was her next move. 

"Due to this solidarity the school has now formed against you, the professor has no choice but to call the sheriff and your folks. We are sure someone will be waiting for you in your car or the school doors. What Bree did can cost you your scholarship. No matter how you try to explain your way out of this, the school board will see it as bullying, slander, and malicious intent. It was filmed in a very planned way and you are the one who willfully hurt a schoolmate. Do you know what you've done? Who you wronged by listening to that bitch?" Elijah asked Travis.

Head still in his hands, he shook his head no and apologize once more. "We're not the one you should be apologizing to, though I don't think she will want to have anything to do with you. You got your wish, Donners. Raine will no longer seek you out." Elijah again spoke, he knew if Mischa even utters a word, it won't be civil. He was staying a good distance away from the guy.

"Why are you two here?" 

"It won't be wise to upset her a second time with our .... gallant behavior. Also, we're the most civil at the moment," Elijah answered. His phone was buzzing in his pocket which he answered right after his last word. 

"The sheriff is here with two deputies. Donners' father is in the office along with Mr. and Mrs. Lannister," Trey said preamble.

"WHAT! How did they find out?"

Trey became eerily quiet and that just confirmed Elijah's thoughts, Bree's reach was farther than they thought. "Okay," he muttered softly. Social media can play into someone's cruelty so well, guess Bree won somehow. 
The hissing of the automatic door brought him out of his musings, he turned to Travis and motioned with his head to gather his things.
Glasses tucked away in his pocket, the boy gathered his backpack and stood awaiting his escorts. Elijah joined his cousin a few feet away as the sheriff and his deputies approached him. "Never thought I will be doing this to you, son. Let's go, your pops is waiting for you." Sheriff Cadiz was an old friend of Travis' father. Both men attended the same high school, left for college, and returned home to raise their respective families.

"Yes, sir."

                                                              ******

Travis kept his head down as he walked down the school hall that led to the principal's office. The sheriff and his officers took the front and his sides while Trey, Alec, and Harem brought up the back. He shifted uneasily, feeling the angry and hateful glare on his back from Raine's friends. Everyone in the school knew how protective the boys were of the females in their group. He will admit listening to Bree was stupid but hurting Raine over and over was beyond being sane. She only wanted to know him better, be his friend and he threw it all back in her face. 

"You're fucking prick, Donners. Bree just turned you into an outcast."

"Asshole!"

"Arrogant pig!"