16.

Includes Caribbean Dialect

Present Day

After Eli and Janine finished their love story that can be forever told and never gets old. The girls quietly bowed out and took the cool walk down the garden path that led to the pool house. Shaye asked to join after observing her parents. The girls deducted to the fact that after years-long secrets being revealed, the two needed some time alone. 

Sitting in the living room, Shaye watching a saved tv show, the girls were all lost in thought. "I know what to do now," Raine said softly. She wrapped the blanket that was on the sofa around her, trying to ease the pain her decision caused to her heart and mind. Ayanna eyed her worriedly. The others quietly waited for her to go on. Ayanna filled in Stacia and Taylor about what happened earlier that day. Hearing the scene she herself was part of, made Raine feel so much more like a fool. Pining over a boy who saw her as a dumb whore. Her eyes burned remembering the harsh way he spoke to her and those cold dead eyes. It won't be easy forgetting about Travis, he was the forefront of her childish crush. That's what she now saw her infatuation as - a silly childish crush. 

"Aye! Yuh okay? Tell we what you goin' an' do?" Erica called out from the other sofa. Raine smiled at the island girl who fit so perfectly into their group of friends, better than Bree, she had to say. 

"Give him what he wants. It will be hard but I have to. I don't think there is any guy out there who is worthy of you making a complete fool of yourself. I-I should have backed off the first time," she said with a weak smile.

"Nah. Doh beat yuhself up. Not your fault. Yuh was bold enough to tell yuh crush yuh like him. Most ah we deez days just stay quiet an' watch dem be wid other girls then saying what if. He's de cunthole though. He didn't have to mek you feel bad like that. That says a lot about how he treat gyals. Now leh we enjoy we self. Ah think that's why Elijah tell we to come here," Erica said getting up from her seat. The girls shook their heads in amusement thinking of how unique their friend's girlfriend was. They didn't need a translation of what she said. She was right. They came to enjoy themselves, cheer Raine up, and show her that she has people in her corner. Leaving their seats, they called out to Shaye to follow them but the little version of Janine was too focused on her show. 

"Is she allowed to watch that type of movie?" Stacia asked her friend Taylor. 

The blonde craned her neck to see what the little girl who she adoringly called her sister was watching. She frowned and took in a scene. "Hey! Are you four episodes ahead of me?" Taylor shrieked, rushing back to Shaye. The little girl grinned impishly at her and nodded her head in answer, 'yes'. Stacia looked on as her friend took a spot near Shaye and put all her focus on the show. 

"Taylor!"

"Oh, right. Uhhhhh... It's Anime. Totally fine. Seven Deadly Sins is a... fave. No... Meliodas... Uhhh... yeah... fave with us, "Taylor muttered, near incoherency. 

"You lost her. Mischa and Trey will probably be the same now. Just feed them and they will be fine," Ayanna shouted from the kitchen. Shaking her head, Stacia rushed towards her new friends with a smile on her face. Erica was on her phone talking to someone while Raine and Ayanna were busy putting an array of junk food together, Stacia opted to simply sit and watch. 

"Allyuh, come and meet mih friends from Tobago," Erica called out. Like, little kids, Raine and Ayanna rushed to the now propped-up phone, Taylor found herself skidding to a stop at the marble counter and Stacia peeked in between the heads of the girls. 

"This is Avi an' Alissa. Girls,  my new friends, Raine, Ayanna, Stacia, and Taylor. We having ah sleep-over tingy," Erica said waving her hand about.