20.

Texas

Marielle Johnson-Hector stood in her chef's heaven kitchen, silently worrying about her little brother and his friends. She was sure if the others knew what was going on with Raine, the girl's phone will be lighting up like a Christmas tree with messages from them all. On top of that, they all will be invading Spencer right about now because of the shit Taylor was going through. Only her, the twins, Katie and Bryan know what's going on at the moment. Rubbing her eyes tiredly she took a deep breath and focused on making breakfast for her husbands. The dogs both stayed near her, opting to stay in their beds on the other side of the kitchen to keep an eye on her. It was part of her and their routine of being a night owl. Any moment now the twins will be entering the kitchen to greet her with their morning kisses and watch her move around. For the past few days, tiredness has been her friend but she kept pushing herself harder to take care of the place and her guys. 

"Princess?" The concerned voice of Carson met her when she decided to take a little breather at the counter.

Turning to the entryway, she was blessed with her dark-haired husband, his blue-grey eyes still filled with sleep but the worry was there presently. Dressed in purple lounge pants, his muscular chest on display he rushed to her side and got her in his arms in less than a minute. "You're up early," she returned tiredly. 

"You didn't return to bed this morning. You usually do it for an hour or two before coming here. We are worried, love," he said softly. Without seeing where he was taking her, Marielle knew it was back to their room. 

"Ellie?" Jayden's worried voice made her tear up behind her closed eyes. She knew they recognized her mood changes and her routine changes, Marielle hated to have them worry over her. Jayden took her in his arms, his hold became tighter with each passing second. 

"Are you going to talk to us now, sweet girl?" Carson asked placing a kiss on her lips.

"Stress?" she weakly offered.

"Try again," Jayden countered with a light laugh. 

Holding him tighter, she knew she had to tell them but was scared. This wasn't part of their plan. Though Carson made a name for himself in the architecture firm he was hired at, he wasn't in a position in his career where he wanted. Jayden had four years in the NFL before he decided to leave and pursue his law career even further. He really pushed himself between studies and games, they were so proud when he passed his bar exams. During off-seasons, he interned at a respectable law firm with the state and has been working his way up in Family Law.

"Whatever you have to say, we won't be upset. We promise." The calmness in his voice made her open her eyes. Sitting beside his brother with her hand in his, she saw the love that has been in his eyes for her since they were teenagers. Turning to look at Jayden after he placed a kiss on her head she saw the same love as his twin's.

"I... The injection that we all decided to go back to, wasn't really foolproof. I only took a test to check pregnancy off the list as to what was happening" she said softly.

Carson's gaze moved from his wife's face to her still flat stomach, he glanced at his brother's way who was trying his hardest not to smile. Both of them have been trying to figure out what was wrong with her for two weeks but subjected them to the side effects the doctor told them of. It wasn't in their plans but it was a damn blessing.

"What are you trying to say, baby?" Jayden pushed. Their Mari was still shy with words and still needed a bit of push to say what she needed to say.

"I'm pregnant," she blurted out.

"Now. Was that hard to say, my gorgeous princess?"Carson teased, tugging her out of his brother's arms and onto his body. He chuckled at her confused look, glancing between them both.