"Fete?" he countered still confused with the additional slang.

"Oh. Uh... Fete big parties like a concert ting. Ah explain dat good?" Erica asked herself.

"Yuh giving de boy ah headache. Elijah just come around with yuh friends around seven tomorrow. Okay?" her father said, easing Elijah's mind.

"Sure. I can't wait. I'll see you tomorrow then. Text me before you sleep." 

Julius left the two to their lonesome when he saw the blush on the boy's face after he nervously took hold of Erica's hand. The older man found it endearing that the teen was nervous to hold his girlfriend's hand and was respectable to his presence. It all brought him back to how Elijah was dealt a bad hand in his last relationship, hopefully, Erica can give him back his peace of mind. 

                                                           *****

"Have fun with your cousins and I will see you tomorrow night." 

Erica didn't wait for him to make the first move, she wrapped her arms around his body and buried her face into his chest. She can hear clearly the moment his heart rate quicken and found it sweet her heart did the same when he practically wrapped his tall frame around her. He gave the best hugs. "It feels like I won't be seeing you for years when it's just for a day," he muttered. The two spent every moment together whether it's at school or afternoon hangouts, even video chats that went into all hours of the night till one of them falls asleep. Elijah and Erica passed the get to know you stage of their relationship to full supporters of each other.

"Ah know," she groaned raising her head from his chest for one of his special kisses. He smiled knowing what she needed, he took that moment to appreciate the luck he received in having her in his life. 

"My beautiful island flower," he whispered. Slowly he brushed his lips against hers, feeling her fingers tighten on his jacket as she tried to mold her body against his permanently. He wished the same was possible, he loved feeling her curves against his muscled body, to have her favorite perfume on his clothes and whatever light lipstick she wore on his skin. Erica always found a way to kiss him in places of his body that he didn't expect. Changing after school is a treasure hunt for him, always grinning like a loon when he finds her mark on his body. 

"Baby," she whined impatiently when he nipped at her lips, teasing not only her body but her mind.

"Yes?"

"Stop playin' nah," she stressed.

Elijah laughed against her lips before giving her what she needed, not want, needed. Her hands found his hair and in one swift move, she had his hair loose, falling between her fingers. He groaned between their heated kiss when she began to gently massage his scalp with her fingers. Tongues danced with each other, teeth playfully nipping kiss swollen lips as they leisurely swayed to their own song, moments of being lost in each other's arms were the best for the couple. Taking short breaks to breathe, they didn't want to stop, reluctantly Elijah was the one who did. 
Nose to nose, they both held each other's gaze with small indulgent smiles on their swollen lips. "You're amazing," he whispered.

"You're my dream come true," she returned. 

"See you."

    "See you."

One last kiss, they pulled apart with Erica watching him leave, Elijah glanced over his shoulder every two steps he took, thinking she will disappear before he reached his car but she didn't. She stayed in the driveway until he left her home and out of sight.

Glumly she entered her home through the kitchen entrance, her father was at the table going over his day's work. 

"Carlene called. Her flight taking off soon, yuh want to make dinner tonight or yuh good," he asked looking up from his paperwork.