Chapter 15: Truth

Buckle up buckeroos, this chapter is kinda long, kinda sad, and kinda emotional so get your crying caps ready.

Tsuki POV

After a few hours of catching up with Kyoka and a couple of on and off examinations from my nurse and doctor, I'm finally given the ok to be discharged from the hospital along with my dad. I slip on the change of clothes Uncle Mic brought for me earlier and head for the exit to wait for him and dad.

They arrive a few minutes after I do with dad being wheeled out in a wheelchair by an overly amplified Uncle Mic. Though I can't see his face through all of the bandages, I can sense his irritation from a mile away and can't help but giggle to myself.

Being wrapped excessively to the point to where he's borderline mummified has to be insanely uncomfortable, and I can imagine having to deal with Uncle Mic's antics without being able to properly shoot him a death glare, middle finger, or a smack to the head must be eating the poor man alive.

Tragic really.

"HEY HEEEEEY DOLLFACE, YOU READY TO BOOGEY ON OUT OF THIS PLACE?" Uncle Mic screeches.

"That would be nice." I smile, massaging my eardrum.

"You don't have to be so loud idiot, we're the only ones out here...AND WE'RE RIGHT HERE IN FRONT OF YOU." My dad huffs in annoyance, raising his voice ever so slightly to get his his point across.

"...Oh right. MY BAD. You know how I get when I'm EXCITED." The tall blond cheers, giving us overly enthusiastic jazz hands.

"Oh yeah...we know." I mumble under my breath.

"I'm just glad to see my best friend and niece finally leave this place. It's only been two days but it felt like two yeaaaars." Uncle Mic whines while encasing us in a group hug.

"Hey, not so much! Tone it down a bit will ya?" I growl, giving him a soft bonk to the head. "I might be fine, but dad is still severely injured so be careful."

"Oh right...oops." He chuckles nervously.

"Moron." My dad deadpans.

===================================

"Ugh, finally. Home sweet home." I sigh, dragging myself through the front door. My father not too far behind me.

I hear a rush of paws heading our way from upstairs before I'm suddenly attacked by a very excited Mochi jumping into my arms and met with a visibly annoyed Crash.

"Yaaaay, you're here! We've missed you!" Mochi exclaims, snuggling her head into my neck while Crash just props himself up on my leg.

"Where the hell have you been? And why do you guys looks like shit?" He hisses at us.

"Aww, well I missed you guys too. I'll fill you in on what you missed later. Right now, I am about to take a much needed shower." I reply, giving the two a few more scratches to the head before letting Mochi down from my arms and heading for the stairs. "You're gonna be alright until I'm done, right dad?"

"Yeah I'll be fine. It's not like I'm a capable adult or anything." He retorts, resting himself on the couch.

"Okay." I giggle, "I'll be back down in about an hour or so to make us some dinner. Is yakisoba ok?"

"Sounds good."

I climb the stairs and enter my room, immediately stripping myself of my clothes before heading into the bathroom to get the shower running.

I remove my bandages and stop in front of the mirror to examine my body, only now seeing completely for myself just how much damage I actually took on.