Chapter 4: Have You Seen My Tie?

Tsuki POV

Well....this is it.

Today's the day.

The UA entrance exam is finally here.

All of my years of training and preparation is about to be put to the test. My future as a pro hero rides on how well I perform today.

The car is filled with comfortable silence as my dad and I make our way to UA. We're going a bit earlier than I'd like because he has extra preparations to do since you know, he's a teacher.

It isn't too much longer that we get there and I'm dropped off at the front gates. Despite being early, I can't help but smile to myself knowing I won't have to deal with the other examinees just yet.

I linger outside a little longer taking in the view of the school in front of me. As many times as I've been here with my dad, you'd think I'd be used to it by now. But the truth is, I'm not. It's not necessarily tied to anything bad, it's just the overwhelming feeling of knowing that countless heroes were once where I am at this very moment.

Finally, taking a breath, I make my way inside and start off toward the auditorium where we'll be given our instructions for the mock battles. Well....where everyone else will be given their instructions. I already know what to do from the few times I've spectated with my dad in the monitoring room.

When I get there it's still empty as I had expected it to be. I find myself a seat and decide to catch up on the sleep I missed out on this morning while I wait for everyone to arrive.

After what doesn't feel like very long, I'm abruptly woken up by an all to familiar cockatoo with tiny sunglasses.

"WHATS UP UA CANDIDATES!" Present Mic practically screams. Half asleep and obviously irritated, I can't help but groan to myself.

'Ugh, come on Mic. Do you always have to be so loud?'

"It's too early for this shit," I mumble under my breath while burying my head back into my arms. I can feel the eyes of the person next to me looking but I chose to ignore them.

"THANKS FOR TUNING INTO ME, YOUR SCHOOL DJ! COME ON AND LET ME HEAR YA!" As he says this, I can't help but laugh to myself from the sudden silence that filled the room. 'I guess everyone's on the same page as I am this morning.'

I don't bother to listen to the rest of what's being said as I begin to lightly drift off to sleep for a second time. That is until I'm abruptly woken up again by some square with dark blue hair and glasses complaining about a supposed misprint on our documents and nagging about some green haired kid muttering to himself.

I lowly growl at him and flatten my ears on my head to cancel out the rest of the noise until it's time to leave the auditorium to prepare for the mock battles.

When I get to the locker room, I change into a black sports bra, gray fitted shorts, and a pair of black and white tennis shoes. I grab a scrunchie from my bag and hold it in my mouth as I slip on my black fingerless gloves and continue to look for my retractable staff. Once I find it, I tuck it away in my bra and begin to put my hair up as I make my way to battle center F.

After making it outside with everyone else, I begin to stretch a bit while scoping out the competition around me. My eyes scan the participants going from person to person but halting when they land on three guys that stand out like a sore thumb. The first one being some kid with red hair that's styled kind of odd and has shark like teeth. Next was a skinny dude with black pointy hair and some weird ass elbows. And the last being a really short kid with purple ball-things as hair that I caught staring in my direction, drooling and making grabbing motions toward me which was now making me highly uncomfortable.