Chapter 18: UA Sports Festival

Third Person POV

"MAKE SOME NOISE ALL YOU RABID SPORTS FANS! THIS YEAR WE'RE BRINGING YOU SOME OF THE HOTTEST PERFORMANCES IN SPORTS FESTIVAL HISTORY, GUARANTEED! LET ME HEAR YOU SCREAM AS OUR STUDENTS MAKE THEIR WAY TO THE MAIN STAGE!" Present Mic yells from the announcer's booth.

Tsuki POV

The UA Sports Festival is the chance for students to show the world just what they're made of.

This opportunity only presents itself once a year and whether you perform well or not determines your potential in the world of heroes in the eyes of those watching. So you can't really afford to fuck up.

Class by class we all emerge from the tunnels leading us into the arena as cheers erupt from viewers all around. I've been to these things countless times with my dad as a spectator but this marks my first time of actually being on the other end of the spectrum. And I'd have to say, it's a tad bit overwhelming.

Rows and rows of eager sports fans line the seats leaving little to no space in between. Every level of the arena is full to the brim of heroes, students, and civilians alike.

Knowing that I'm being watched by millions of eyes, I can't help but feel like an ant under a microscope.

The pressure is definitely there.

You know what? Fuck the pressure.

The only thing I need to worry about is myself and I got this. No, I totally got this.

Maximum effort Tsuki. Maximum effort.

After some greetings, along with some brief explanations from Auntie Nem and one passive aggressive declaration of victory from Katsuki, we're finally able to begin the obstacle race.

We all make our way to the starting line and as soon as the last light goes out and the buzzer sounds for us to go forward, I waste no time in shifting into a cheetah to gain some distance between me and the other students.

I'm lucky I made that call when I did too because at the exact moment Jack Frost himself decided to freeze everyone's feet to the ground with a thick layer of ice. Of course there were a few who were quick to react like me who managed to avoid it.

One of the zero pointers along with a few more villain bots from the entrance exam appear and everyone but the students of my class kind of stops for a moment. Bad call.

You can't afford to stall up in a real battle. It's either do or die.

That one moment of hesitation allows for Todoroki to use his ice to freeze the robots purposely while they're off balance.

Shit.

I maneuver my way around the big robot as it falls, picking up speed and scaling up one of the legs onto an arm and jumping off as I shift back to human form, lunging myself forward to attack one of the villain bots ahead, crushing into it using 30% of my strength and throwing the destroyed robot into a few more up ahead.

That oughta clear my path for now I think.

Eventually I reach the fall and from the looks of it, the pit looks too long across for me to jump. So it looks like I'll have to walk the stupid tightrope.

I settle on shifting into a house cat to opt for better mobility and grip on the rope and begin to dash across, easily maintaining my balance.

In a matter on minutes I'm already across but since Katsuki could use his explosions to blast himself across and Todoroki could use his ice to build himself a bridge, they were easily able to pass me. So now I have to play catch up.