Chapter 9: Breakfast For Dinner

Tis a light, fun side chapter for you lovelies to break away from the plot of the anime for a bit. It still follows the timeline of everything so reading it is still pretty necessary.

Tsuki POV

I leap away from the sidewalk using my staff to lunge myself onto a nearby building. Once I land, I continue to run in the direction of my house, leaping from building to building and running along a few power lines here and there.

Usually I'd prefer to call a cab or an uber since we live a ways out from the city, but I couldn't pass up a good opportunity to brush up on my acrobatic skills. As unconventional as it seems, jumping and flipping from building to building is great way for me to work on my long ranged mobility and speed. Plus, the view is pretty killer.

After some time, jumping and leaping from building to building turned into jumping and swinging from tree to tree until I was eventually back on the ground running down the main road to my house. A few minutes more of this and I'm finally running through our yard and unlocking the front door.

I walk into the house going straight into the kitchen to grab something to drink along with a quick snack while I do my homework. I set my backpack on top of the island, pulling out my notes and a few worksheets from today's lessons. I fish out my favorite pencil from it's designated pouch and climb into one of the empty stools to get to work.

After about ten minutes or so I hear the front door open along with small distant chatter.

"TSUKI." I hear a familiar monotoned voice yell.

"In the kitchen." I yell back in response.

I look up to see my tired dad walking into the kitchen being accompanied by none other than Mr. Loudmouth himself.

He walks over to me, combing my hair back and planting a kiss on my head before climbing into the empty seat next to me. Mic stays in place smiling at the small action made by my dad before walking over to join us at the island.

"Oh hey Uncle Mic." I say smiling.

"Sup dollface?" He says, going to stand opposite from the two of us.

"Nothing, just getting some homework out of the way." I look down, pointing with my pencil to the papers sprawled out across the counter.

"Ah. What class?" He asks leaning in.

"Math for Mr. Ectoplasm. It isn't too bad though, I'll probably be finished within the next fifteen minutes. Twenty max." I reply, picking back up on my previous equation.

"How long have you been home?" My dad asks, kidnapping the box of Cheez Its that I previously had to snack on.

"I actually just made it in a little while ago, so not too long I guess." I say, continuing on with my work.

"Do you two have the night off? I'm honestly surprised to see you both here. Especially dad considering how many night patrols he's been taking on here lately." I ask without looking up.

"That actually brings me to what I was getting to..." Mic starts off, piquing my interest.

"Alright, I'm all ears. What's up?" I say giving him my undivided attention.

"Finish up what you're doing here because I'm taking you and your grumpy old man out tonight to help ease some of his stress." He cheers happily, satisfied by my curiosity.

"Old? We're the same age dumbass!" Dad spits back at Uncle Mic, throwing a cheez it at his head.

"Oh so that's why you're wearing your casual clothes already Uncle Mic?" I ask him while laughing at my dad.