Chapter 1: Basic Training

Tsuki POV

"Tsu get up. You have your entrance exam next week so you need to make sure that you're prepared," I hear my dad say in his usual tone.

"Ugh what time is it even?" I say looking at my phone. 'It's fucking 4 o'clock in the morning on a Sunday, what the hell is wrong with this man?!?!' "Come on dad, five more minutes?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Pleeeease?"

"Tsuki Aizawa get out of bed right now, I'm not asking you again. You're going to be training with me today. "

Oh god.

I'm dead.

He just used my full name.

Aaaand he said that he's training me today?

Yep. Definitely dead.

This man is going to kill me.

Is this really the way I go out?

"......."

While in the middle of contemplating my options and estimating how long I have to live, I suddenly begin to notice my dad reaching for his scarf on his neck. 'Oh shit.'

"Alright alright," I say breaking out into a yawn while stretching and rubbing my eyes, "I'm up, I'm up. Jeez, Mr. Grouchy Pants. You're so impatient," I say pouting.

"Get dressed and meet me downstairs," he lazily speaks, loosening his grip on his scarf as he leaves the room.

"Sleep thief," I mutter to myself.

"I heard that!"

=================================

"Care to explain why we're up so early?" I say in a slightly annoyed tone as I make my way down the stairs to where my dad is in the kitchen.

"I want you to get in as much practice as possible before next week. I'm not letting you go in the easy way through recommendations just because you're my daughter and I'm a teacher at UA. I want you to earn your place the right way just like everyone else," he plainly states as he takes a sip of his coffee.

"I mean I get that, but I've been training since the summer of my first year of junior high, after school, and on the weekends. Plus I've also had the advantage of being able to train with other pro heroes along the way, so I should be considerably well inclined," I say reaching in the cabinet for my cat coffee mug. "But you still haven't answered my main question."

"Hmm?"

"What's the point of us waking up this early?"

"Your final day of junior high was last week and because of that, you don't have anywhere specifically you need to be this week," he states. "I want to ensure that you get as much training in as possible, even if it means waking up exceedingly early. I know that getting into UA and becoming a hero is important to you, so I don't expect you to slack off. You know that I am confident in you and your abilities, I always have been." He sighs, "with that being said, I won't be going easy on you."

"I don't expect you to," I say pouring myself a cup of coffee.

"Well try not to take too long. We'll be leaving for the training grounds in 5 minutes."

I finish up my coffee and grab a few granola bars, some fruit and some water for me and dad and put them away in my training bag. 'I wonder what we'll be practicing today. Come to think of it, I could use some touching up on my hand-to-hand combat with tactical weapons. At least if I do that I can learn to not be too reliant on my quirks and increase my overall mobility. He never said exactly how long we'd be training for either, so I'm not completely sure what time we'd be getting back home.' I make my way back to the cupboards and grab some food for my pet ocelots, Crash and Mochi, and fill their bowls along with some water. They were still in my room sleeping but I know that they'll be up and hungry after while.