Dumbledore's Army

After you had returned to the Slytherin dormitories, Daphne had been the first to come to you. Practically two steps into the common room, she ran up to you -  a concerned look on her face.

"Was she okay to you?" Daphne asked. "Everyone's been talking about these quills of hers... apparently they scar your hand!"

You saw her eyes flick down to your hand, where the remnants of some dried blood were evidence enough that it was true. Daphne's eyes immediately returned to yours.

"Are you okay? She's horrific, that woman!" 

"Yeah, you don't have to tell me twice," you replied, "I'm sure I'll be back in that office again."

Daphne sighed, but followed it up with a smile.

"I went to see Fred and George today." The smirk on her face gave away her plan almost instantly.

"And what did you purchase, may I ask?" you replied, wiping the remaining dried blood off of your hand. There was a little line of white lettering left below. You hoped it wouldn't be permanent.

"Look right in the bag. They gave them to me for free as well! They said they're a prototype, but for us they'd let it slide, especially since Pansy tried to get them caught by Umbridge selling one of their skiving snack boxes to a second year!"

You peered into the bag to see two green beans. They didn't look that special, but by the excitement on Daphne's face you could tell that they'd be worth it.

"There's only one condition..." she said hesitantly.

"And that is?" you replied.

"We have to use one on Draco too."

***

Sat in the great hall the following morning, you were a few spaces down from Draco and Pansy, who had seated herself practically in the same space as him. It was making you sick - thinking about it.

But, a greater question was where would you be staying during the winter and summer break? You certainly couldn't go back to Malfoy Manor, and you definitely didn't want to. Daphne didn't have enough room for you at her house. Christmas would be fine at Hogwarts... but that didn't account for the six weeks of summer break.

You shoved a slice of jam toast into your mouth with a huge sigh. The potions and DADA assignments had due days looming just at the end of the week - and with your incessant procrastination surely wouldn't be completed by then.

"Daphne," you groaned, "you did that potions essay last night didn't you, the one about the usage of the calming draught throughout history?"

Daphne furrowed her eyebrows. "....uhhh, I don't think so?"

"So you're telling me you had two and a half hours yesterday and you just didn't write it?"

"It's not like a didn't write anything!" she said desperately, "I did like... a paragraph!"

"Well that's not enough!" you replied, "I always let you copy my work, and the one time I ask..."

A commotion outside of the great hall interrupted you. A few of the students were getting up to have a look at what was going on. 

You watched as Malfoy got out of his seat, Pansy following behind him like an infatuated puppy - her tongue practically dangling from her mouth. Daphne gave you a little smirk, walked over to their goblets and dropped in the beans, before joining you to walk up and see what was going on.

You joined the expanding crowd mid sentence - as professor Umbridge and professor McGonagall stood on the stares.

"...merely your medieval methods!" exclaimed professor McGonagall.