The Philosopher's Stone

It took Malfoy almost a week to fully regain his voice. He had to use a blackboard and a piece of chalk to talk to people, carefully writing down everything he had to say. Honestly, you preferred the silent version of Malfoy to the normal one. He was far more... quiet.

You had 'poisoned' him on Tuesday and it had taken him until Sunday to fully regain his voice. Everyone laughed at him when Harry and Ron made fun of him, which you liked - seeing them have the upper hand for once. 

Unsurprisingly, the first thing that came out of his mouth was "My father will hear about this!", which was known now to everyone to be one of his favourite lines.

Every time the platinum-blond haired boy looked at you, all he could do was glare at you and make cut throat signs at his neck. 

As potion partners one time, he kept having to draw instructions on his blackboard because his voice 'hurt badly' when he talked,  which was rather entertaining when he misspelt words.

"You want to sex me? God what is wrong with you Malfoy!" you laughed, earning a little blush from him. He shook his head violently and glared at you, changing the words to 'I want to HEX you'. You laughed again.

Snape had moved Malfoy next to you in potions class after his repeated interruptions talking to Crabbe and Goyle. Snape had told you that it was to stop him from talking, and urged the both of you to be nicer to one another - which was never going to happen.

After a while of stirring the cauldron and adding various ingredients, Malfoy pointed towards the ring you were wearing and, very faintly, said "You have a Slytherin ring?"

You were clueless at first, until you looked down and saw the small silver snake ring on your finger and smiled gingerly. 

"It was my mother's you see. Not that you would care." you said, turning back to focus on stirring the icky greenish mixture in cauldron in front of you. He touched your shoulder lightly, spinning you around to face him.

"I have a ring like that." he croaked, fetching a small replica ring out of his school bag. You held up your ring to compare the two. They looked very much alike, with the words 'Sequimur nos et pariter' etched into the silver on the inner side of the ring - most probably Latin. From your very brief knowledge of the language it said 'We followed the same' meaning nothing to you.

Then, suddenly, Malfoy snatched his hand away. Maybe he remembered that you were his enemy and he shouldn't be conversing with you in such a way. You were glad for it, though. The less that idiot spoke to you the better as far as you were concerned.

***

You, Harry, Ron and Hermione were sat in the library researching a wizard called Nicholas Flamel. They had informed you briefly about why you were looking for information on the wizard, but you were confused about why they needed to find out about it so quickly. 

Harry and Ron were searching through a 'famous wizards and witches through history' box set and you and Hermione were scouting the library, looking for any book that may be of use to the three of you. Flicking silently through the pages of the books was quite boring, but you did learn some new facts that you could put into your essays.

The thing that baffled you was how Hermione could happily sit here all day and read through the most simple to the most complicated of spell books and not get bored. You liked reading, but you preferred muggle writing to wizard writing, it was much more entertaining. The way muggle people portrayed wizards and witches was rather funny to you. Some had wands, some used their hands. Others used black magic and necromancy where others used heavenly light and fire.

After flicking through about twenty hardback books, you decided it was time for a break, tucking into another chocolate frog that your grandmother had given you at the weekend. She always sent you sweets and chocolate at the end of the week. You especially liked the chocolate frogs.

One of the frogs you had last year had jumped out of the box and you couldn't find it for weeks. It had hopped around your Grandmother's house and into the garden, hiding under an orange clay flowerpot. She had given you a harsh telling off for that, releasing a magical item into the muggle world. It could have been disastrous.

After you had finished, you reached down to grab the card from the bottom of the box. You had collected most of them, but you still needed a few, including Dumbledore himself. Ron had told you he had loads of Dumbledore cards, and when he got home he'd trade you one for Babayaga the hag. It seemed like a fair trade.

Your turned the card over. Dumbledore! Now you didn't have to trade for it with Ron. You flipped it over, and started to read the back of the card.

'Considered by many the greatest wizard of modern times, Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945, for the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon's blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicolas Flamel.'  

You stopped reading the chocolate frog card. Instead of thinking about the discovery you just made, you could only think about all of the time you had wasted reading in the library. Somehow it just irritated you.

"Guys look." You handed the frog card to Harry. His face glowed with recognition.

"I knew I'd seen the name somewhere, it must have been on the train when I got that chocolate frog card of Dumbledore!" He said.

Ron seemed to relax a bit. Maybe he felt the same as you, knowing that he wouldn't have to search the library a second longer for a stupid name. Then Hermione's face was gifted with one of the biggest smiles you had ever seen in your life. She hopped up and jogged in a different direction, returning with a massive book that had a black leather cover. Hermione looked too small to be carrying the object.

She hastily skipped over a few yellowed pages, opening the book on a page with a picture of a stone. Your eyebrows knitted together with confusion.

"That's what fluffy's guarding."

You couldn't be bothered to ask who fluffy was, so you let Hermione continue with her proud speech.

"The philosopher's stone."

***

Please remember to vote and comment on your favourite lines!