The Chamber Of Secrets

"Can I have your attention please?" Professor McGonagall said loudly - snapping you out of your little daytime slumber. Malfoy and his piggish friends had a giggle at that beside you, so you turned towards them and gave him a dagger filled glare. He smirked back at you, biting his lip to stop himself from laughing.

You heard Harry fidget around uncomfortably in the chair in front of you, reminding you to turn around and listen to what professor McGonagall had so say. Most of the Magic you did in her classes was hard, and considering that transfiguration was one of the subjects you struggled meant you had to listen to the spells with a lot more concentration.

"Now today, we will be transforming animals into water goblets." she said. You saw Malfoy raise is eyebrows, looking over towards you. Maybe he was contemplating in what way he would annoy you today.

You looked up at the black and white bird on a stand next to Professor McGonagall, wiggling its tail and shifting back and forth. 

'Vera Verto' was the spell that the professor used so you quickly memorised it and jotted it down into your book. 

The goblet that the black bird had turned into was a glass one, with little flower designs on the side. It was as beautiful and delicate as china. The whole glass began whispering to one another.

"Now it's your turn. Who would like to go first?" There was no reply from the class so she chose someone herself. "Ah, Mr Weasley!"

You drew in a breath and thanked the thin air that it was not you. You couldn't be dealing with another transfiguration failure again.

Ron cleared his throat and "Vera Verto". A quiet laugh echoed around the classroom as Ron's poor rat - Scabbers - turned into a fluffy brown cup with a peach coloured tail.

"That wand needs replacing, Mr Weasley!" said a worried McGonagall, eyeing the growing lump of spellotape binding his broken wand together. The splinters were even in view through the thick layers of plastic.

You did feel awfully sorry for Ron, a wizard without a wand is hardly a wizard at all.

A few seconds later, Hermione's hand shot up. You knew she asked a lot of questions, of course, but this time she looked urgent.

"Yes, Miss Granger."

"Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about..." she paused for a moment, looking slightly hesitant, "The Chamber of secrets."

There were silent looks from everyone across the classroom, some were intrigued, some scowling - like Malfoy. He looked as though he was confused as why Hermione had asked such a question - like she should already know that the chamber of secrets was. 

Professor McGonagall drew in a sharp, hurried breath. "Very well." Her lips tightened painfully. "

"Well, you all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago, by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age. Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. Now three of the founders co-existed quite harmoniously. One did not."

"Three guesses who." said Ron, looking at Harry. The both broke out into wide, beaming grins.

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed magical learning should be kept within all magic families. In other words, pure bloods."

You saw Malfoy glare across the room at Hermione, and since Professor McGonagall wasn't looking, you threw a piece of paper at his head. Hermione laughed a little and Malfoy glared back at you.

'Idiot' he mouthed at you.

"Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. Now according to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets. Though shortly before departing, he sealed it until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the chamber and unleash the horror within, and by so doing, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic."

"Muggle-borns." said Hermione from across the room, almost in a whisper.

"Well naturally the school has been searched many times. No such chamber has been found." She said, her lips tightening again.

"And what exactly does legend tell us lies within the chamber, professor." blurted Hermione, taking a gulp of air just after. 

"Well he chamber is said to hold only something the heir of Slytherin can control. It is said to be the home of a monster."

***

"So you really think that Malfoy is the heir of Slytherin?" You asked, looking back over at the trio for confirmation.

"Didn't you hear him when the message was written on the wall?" He started to mimic Malfoy's whiny voice. "'You'll be next, mud-bloods!'"

You continued walking, and you gave Pansy a small smile as she passed. She didn't return it.

"I don't know how you put up with that pig!" said Ron, looking at you questioningly. You just shrugged your shoulders and continued walking. 

She wasn't that bad most of the time.

"I think I have a way to find out. But (Y/n) I'm sorry, your probably not going to like it." Hermione said, sounding very regretful with her words. You had a faint idea what was coming, but you let her speak - pretending you didn't know what she was going to say. You figured it would be a little politer that way.

"You have to ask Malfoy if he is the heir of Slytherin. Or somehow get it out of him. I'm sure if someone could do it, it would be you."

You nodded, regretting the split second decision almost instantly. It would require you to talk to Malfoy. Slimy, smug, stinking, stubborn...

Then, the cold feeling came back again. You felt it in the back of your neck first, and then it travelled up to your head - like brain freeze. You squinted, the cold taking over.

When you opened your eyes, you couldn't see anything. Only darkness. Your head was spinning.

You could hear faint talking, but it was muffled...

"(Y/n)... (Y/n) are you okay?"

You were panicking. You couldn't respond.

Then, everything went silent.

***

Please vote and comment on your favourite lines!