The Prophecy

No one was awake. Everyone was sleeping so deeply that it seemed even if you screamed you wouldn't have awoken them.

You quickly opened the newspaper in front of you. The front cover was decorated with a face, Sirius Black, one of the men who had supposedly stood with your father. You grimaced at the thought. You knew that only a fool would dream of joining your father.

Then you saw it, sitting atop your desk in neat, fine handwriting. You picked it up; you already knew who it was from.

(Y/n)

Meet me by the lake at 6 am. 

-DM

One hour. One hour to get ready, get past Filch and get down to the lake.

***

You ran across the grounds, careful to stay in the fast fading shadows. That was one of the few places you felt comfortable - in the shadows - because it made you feel powerful. 

You hopped down the hill, searching for Malfoy.

"Nice to see you." came a sly voice from behind you. You could feel his warm breath on your ear and his blond hair brushed against your neck. 

You could tell it was meant to scare you but you didn't jump. Instead, you turned around to look at him.

"And you." you replied, turning around and giving him a light shove away.

"Let's just hope the dementors don't pay us a visit." replied Malfoy, heading down to the riverside, gesturing for you to follow.

You both sat down on the dewy grass, the cool, morning air making you shiver. Malfoy picked up a nearby stone and threw it into the lake. It skimmed twice before falling below the surface with a ripple.

"Pansy pug-face Parkinson is getting under my nerves." he said, bending down to pick up another stone.

You wrapped your arms around your legs to keep yourself a little warmer.

"Well, I'm not surprised," you returned "doesn't she annoy everyone?"

"No, it's worse." he said, throwing the second stone into the lake. "She's telling everyone that I'm her 'honey bun' and that we are dating, and to be honest it's starting to make me feel a little sick."

You let out a small chuckle. "Last year, I really did think you had a crush on her." You rolled your eyes. "But looks like someone else caught your eye..."

"Oh shut it Thornheart," he said, "You really are an idiot sometimes."

"That's a bit rich coming from you." you laughed, reaching out to pick up a flat stone from in front of your feet. "But why did you call me down here anyway?"

You threw the stone across the lake. It didn't skim, falling below the surface immediately.

"Nice throw loser." he said, going for another stone. "Well... I've got a plan to make her leave me alone."

"And that is?" you questioned, reaching to pick at some grass beside you, nervously fidgeting.

"Look... I just need your help, that's why I called you down here." he said.

"The great Draco Malfoy? He needs my help!? God I thought you'd never ask!" you said sarcastically, throwing a little bit of the grass at him.

"Hey, I wouldn't have asked if I didn't absolutely need your help."

"So you're saying I'm the last resort?" you replied.