Telekenesis

You sat in the library with Malfoy. Today was your try outs for the Slytherin quidditch team again. You were starting to get very good at chasing, even better than some of the older fifth and sixth years. The only problem was, you were the only girl that went to the try outs, let alone that made it onto the team.

When Pansy had awoken, she had remembered nothing which was good for you. You did feel a little guilty, but seeing her get a taste of her own medicine was good for a change.

"I can't do it, it hurts!" you whispered loudly, trying not to attract any attention from unwanted onlookers.

"Just stop whining try one more time." he replied, setting his potions book down on the table. You started at it has hard as possible.

Up.

The book moved a little to the left and hovered for a second or so and then fell back onto the table with a loud slap. A Ravenclaw fourth year turned around from a table to your right and gave you and Draco scornful looks.

"Try again, just harder." he forced.

"I can't. It, like, hurts my brain!" you replied.

"Just try!"

You stared at the book.

Up.

The book made a sort of rattling movement and then just slid right off of the table. Malfoy cast you an unimpressed look like he was getting agitated from just watching you.

"One last try."

"You said 'One last try' two times ago, and three before that!" you said, snatching the book from his hands and slamming it down on the table.

This caught the attention of many people, including the Ravenclaw fourth year, and they all told you to quiet down. You could see Hermione over in the corner of the room giving you an annoyed look but when you turned around she swiftly returned to her writing. It was probably because you were conversing with Draco Malfoy, her sworn enemy.

You stared at the book, wanting to get this 'training' thing over with and get to the try outs early for some practice.

Up.

The book flew up, knocking Draco so hard on the chest that he fell over, and landed open on top of his face.

"Hey watch it Thornheart! Do you not have eyes you imbecile!" he cried, rubbing the red mark that was appearing on his forehead.

"Maybe if you reduce the size of your fat head then there will be less of a target for me to hit." you replied smugly, helping him up.

He huffed and grabbed your hand, pulling you up behind one of the bookshelves. Your foreheads grazed against one another.

Your face flushed slightly.

"Malfoy I - what -"

You felt someone watching you.

You looked up and Hermione stood there, book in hand, watching her best friend and her worst enemy staring at one another. You wanted to say something but you didn't, you just stood there and gaped a little.

Hermione turned her back on the two of you and walked swiftly away. Great, now Hermione was off on one.

You pushed Malfoy away and bit your lip. "Great... now what's she going to think? You could have not done that Malfoy!"

"Why do you like that filthy mud-blood so much? Come one, you're one of Salazar Slytherin's only living descendants, you speak parseltongue and you're telekinetic and you still feel the need to hang out with her. Why?"

"Because she's my friend! And don't call her a mud-blood! And by the way, keep your voice down! I don't want people here thinking I'm doing dark magic, okay?"

"Fine." he muttered back, walking off leaving you behind.

You ran out of the library to catch up with the sulking blond boy.

"I'll see you at the Tryouts Thornheart!" she shouted after you, "You better be on your A game today, trust me!"

***

You flew up to take your final shot.

The fifth year keeper, whose name you did not know, readied himself.

You tried to figure out which hoop he would fly to. Left, no - he looked like a right hoop kind of dude.

You lurched forward and passed a chaser who was defending you called Adrian Pucey and took the shot. As you predicted, the keeper went for the right hoop and your shot glided easily through the left.

Five out of five.

The next chaser stepped up. Graham Montague. He had, also, scored all of his goals and was on his final shot. You knew that, because he was a boy, Marcus would let him on to the team instead of you without a second thought.

As Graham passed his assigned chaser, he aimed for the goal. You knew he would go for the same tactics as you had and he aimed for the left goal.

You knew that Graham would score, he was good but not as good as you, however. As he threw you focused in on the quaffle.

Head for the right hoop. Head for the right hoop.

The quaffle flew gracefully towards the left hoop and Graham started to laugh; he looked down at Marcus who showed his rare smile in congratulation.

But, in mid air, the ball changed it's course. It started to head for the right hoop and the keeper saved it. Graham bellowed with rage.

"I will NOT be beaten by a GIRL!" he shouted and flew towards you.

You knew that he would punch you, he didn't have a problem with punching girls, so you had to make a split decision.

You focused directly on his broomstick.

Down.

Just as your face was in connecting distance of his attempts to whack you, his broomstick flew downwards. He had to grab onto the wood of it as not to fall off.

You could see Malfoy laughing above you, snitch in hand, and gliding down towards Marcus. He casually went to hand Marcus the snitch but the captain was too immersed in watching Graham loose control of his broom.

Up.

Left.

Down.

Left again.

You were having too much fun. Maybe having this weird power wasn't that bad after all.

At one point, you made Graham's broom fly up towards the sky and then plummet down at a hundred miles an hour.

"I caaaant contrrroool it! Maaakeee itt stooop!" shouted the boy on the broom.

The whole team was laughing, enjoying the show that you were putting on without really knowing that it was you, and shouting rude remarks at him every time he screamed.

You decided that enough was enough and you had done enough messing around with Graham for the day.

You flew down to beside where Marcus was hovering.

"So, does that mean that I'm on the team?"

***

Please vote and comment on your favourite lines!