Darkness

***How do you guys like this new cover? Should I keep it or change it back?***

You walked down the corridors with confidence, girls scowling at you and boys practically tripping over their own feet for you. You had to admit, it was kind of uplifting. Was this how Fleur Delacour felt as she walked down the corridors?

You had heard that Ron had tried to ask her to the ball but with no avail, she probably had a guy already considering the amount of times people had asked.

But, for you, you had a different target in mind.

Cedric, Cedric Diggory.

You were practically running down the corridors with excitement, ready to get a date to the ball with such a handsome young man. But, as you ran a small part of your brain reminded you.

Draco. What would Draco say?

"Screw it (Y/n), it doesn't matter about Draco. Draco doesn't own you." you muttered to yourself, stepping up to the library doors. "Just go for it."

As you opened the door you saw him sitting down on a table, alone, probably studying for exams or the future trials of the triwizard tournament. He looked good but that wasn't where your eyes immediately flicked to.

Draco was sitting on his own on a table quite a distance away, looking at you. You looked away, avoiding eye contact. There was no way that you were going with him. No. Way.

You walked over to Cedric's table and sat yourself down. His eyes slowly drifted up from his notebook and quill as he finished his line of notes.

"Err... hey (Y/n), what's up?"

You smiled kindly and rested your head on your hand, looking right into his eyes and not saying a word.

"Do you need something?" he questioned, looking unaffected by your love potion unlike all of the other boys in the halls. Was something wrong?

"Is there anything you need to ask me?" you asked Cedric, smiling at him as warmly as possible as he frowned.

"N... no. Why?" he stuttered, obviously confused. This wasn't right, there was definitely something wrong.

Had the potion not worked on him? How was he immune? You needed to get out of there before anything went horribly wrong.

You just got up, smiled nicely, and left the library as fast as possible.

***

Draco's POV

The potion worked! It took me fifteen minutes to slip that into Cedric's morning pumpkin juice and even then he almost didn't drink it.

The things you do to protect people you care about. I couldn't even believe that she'd go for someone like Cedric, a lowly hufflepuff. What Slytherin would even go for that?

I had also taken the potion I'd made, just to stop myself from doing anything stupid. 

But everytime I look at her it's possessive. She shouldn't be going to the ball with anyone but me.

So, I followed her out of the library.

***

(Y/n) POV

The hall you were going through was dark. Believe it or not students still got lost after being in the school for six years. Aside from Fred and George, they knew everything. And when you said everything, you meant - everything.

As you were walking down the corridor it felt eerily cold and silent. You looked back behind you, but the encroaching darkness and silence led you on. Going back the way you came seemed more hopeless than carrying on.