Halloween

It had been almost two months since your detention with Draco and you were on your best behaviour, making sure that you didn't have to repeat it. All of your lessons were fun. All except flying class. Draco had stolen Neville's remembrall and thrown it across the school grounds. When Harry had caught it, becoming a 'hero' of sorts, he looked straight at you. 

You thought about going to speak to him, but you were a little nervous. He was one of the most famous wizards of all time - and now he was a school hero! How could you even measure up to that.

So, you decided against it, studying instead with Daphne but occasionally looking over at him.

Sometimes you would catch him looking back at you - and it would reignite your want to speak to him again. But, it made you too nervous, so you left it.

He could come and speak to you if he wanted to be your friend.

***

Your bed was comfy and you were sleeping warm and snug under the green and silver bedsheets of your four poster in the Slytherin dormitory. Pansy and Milicent had stayed up late, insisting they played a game of wizards chess before they went to sleep. You didn't see the outcome as you had drifted off by the time they had finished.

You were in the kind of dazed state when you half wake up and can't move, although you didn't really want to move at all. 

SCREEECH!

What sounded like a muggle klaxon rang loud through the room. Your hair was a mess from tossing and turning during the night, and you awoke to the faces of Pansy and Millicent, who towered over your bed with a horn in their hands.

"Why would you do that!" you said, groaning.

You flopped back down onto your bed, shutting your eyes, willing yourself to get up and get changed for Halloween. HALLOWEEN!

You jumped up and rushed to get dressed, putting on all of your school gear and tiding up before rushing out of the door. Pansy's group had already left the room, presumably in the common room or great hall by now.

Daphne was waiting for you down in the common room and the both of you rushed to catch up with the others who were headed for breakfast.

***

At the Slytherin table there were two seats saved for you and Daphne, one next to Malfoy and one opposite. Daphne went straight for the opposite seat, waiting for you to slump down next to Malfoy. Pansy had mysteriously 'got given' the seat opposite Draco and she was ceaselessly laughing and chatting to him throughout the whole morning. It was extremely off putting.

You grabbed some toast, eggs and bacon and sat down to eat, washing the delicious food down with a glass of fine orange juice, no bits. That's how you had it at your grandmother's house, smooth, because all of the bits just annoyed you.

You grabbed for the marmalade but a longer, slender arm grabbed it first. Why did he have to do that? You turned to Malfoy and gave him the most loathsome look that you cloud. You were very surprised that it didn't kill him on the spot. 

After the Detention you had avoided him as much as possible - he was more trouble than he was worth and you could never see yourself being friends.

He ginned a shark like grin and applied the marmalade to his toast before passing it to you. You snatched it from him and his grin vanished.

"Now now, Thornheart, no need to snatch is there?" he said, the smug grin reappearing on his face. You rolled your eyes and spread the marmalade.

"Just leave me alone, I don't want to talk to you." you retorted, stuffing a piece of toast in to your mouth.