Two Tickets

"A... a... FIREBOLT?" Draco gasped, touching the golden handle of the broom. You knew how much it costed, and it was a lot. Spending over a thousand galleons on a broom... your mother had to be mad. Well... she was a little.

Your mind raced. How facs would you be on the broom, there would be no competition... everyone in Gryffindor and Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw didn't stand a chance against a team of Nimbus 2001s and a Firebolt. A Firebolt. Even touching it made you shiver.

Draco's mouth still hung open before he closed it for a second and continued speaking. "Who on earth got you this?"

You hesitated and looked to the right, trying to think up a good lie. Of course, none came and you fumbled, sounding like an idiot with your trembling words.

"I... well... there was this... parcel... and it had like a," you gestured in midair "Like an owl carrying it and..."

"Your lying skills are crap (y/n). Tell me, please." he was firm, but a smirk was on his lips as he talked. Why did he have to be such a demanding ass all of the time. You felt like you should say something.

"I... don't know exactly." you lied, trying to conceal it as best you could. You took a step towards him and lowered your face to his.

"No."

"What?"

You were astonished. Since when did Draco say no like that to you. Especially now and with everything that had happened.

"No. I just... can't." he said, turning away and looking at the door of your room.

Your hand brushed over something scratchy, and you looked to find a small note attached to the broom. Whilst Draco was distracted, you quickly popped it open and looked inside.

Two gleaming tickets sat snug in the envelope, a big red mark stamped across them. PREMIUM. They were quidditch world cup tickets! Ones for the best seats right up in the box where the Minister of magic sat! How you had dreamed of sitting up there and watching a real quidditch world cup, oh it would be amazing.

"Draco, look!" you said, passing him the tickets. He too took one look and his eyes widened with shock and giddiness. Maybe he too had dreamed of witnessing such a massive event from an amazing view.

"We should give them to father." Draco then said, gravely. You hadn't wanted to, in fear that he'd rip them up and throw them into a fire but you knew that you'd have to get his permission to go anyway, and then he'd ask where you got the tickets. No, may as well just tell him now.

"But there's only two." you said, looking up at him. "What about your..."

"Screw parents, we're old enough to look after ourselves." he replied.

"At fourteen?" you asked.

"At fourteen." he replied.

***

He tapped his gloved fingers on the table, his silky white hair falling around his face like a curtain. Mr Malfoy looked like he might have been considering your cause to go to the quidditch world cup but he seemed reluctant to let you go alone.

You had had sense enough to hide the firebolt in a neverending purse and stuff it behind your bed before you went downstairs. Who knows what he'd have done with it and you certainly didn't want it confiscated.

"And what if your attacked... hmm?" he asked, raising his eyebrow and looking towards Draco. "There'll be no one to fight for you then."

You shuffled around a bit. The living room was quite cold, despite the roaring fire. You and Draco knew that you could throw a person a hundred feet and break their skull on the ground but you didn't say so, in fear of Mr Malfoy and his punishments. There was on time last year when Draco had lobbed a ball and broken a window. You swore that you could hear Draco scream downstairs as his father punished him. Drao never touched the ball again after that, and when he saw it one time, he burnt it. Literally.

"We'll be fine," assured Draco to his father, "I'm sure of it."

"Well, son, if you're so sure about that how about we try a few curse deflections now." the man retaliated, standing up and staring down upon the both of you. You closed your eyes, trying not to whimper looking up at him.

Narcissa quickly jumped up and seated Mr Malfoy back in his chair, trying not to get him worked up again. "Look, Lucius dear, I think we should be fine letting them go, he could go with Blaise's family."

You knew Blaise. Although he was quite quiet and mysterious, he often hung out with Malfoy and picked on the younger kids when he could. He was mean to others but, to you, he wasn't so bad. It was probably Draco's orders or something.

Mr Malfoy straightened up on his chair, his hands quickly unwrinkled his shirt and then lay, static, on the table. His eye twitched.

"Fine." he said. "Make sure that Mrs. Zabini knows of the two of their arrivals. And make sure she treats them well."

"Thank you, Mr Malfoy!" you said, stepping forward a bit. A wide smile was painted across your face as you had never had such an amazing opportunity.

There was no smile on his face. There was only a grim frown. "Go and pack, Miss Thornheart."

***

"Oh, and get the tent!" Narcissa reminded you, grabbing a rolled up green tent that was shoved into a small, woven basket. It didn't look anything special, but you knew what it was. A magic tent, the ones with the big inside. And this one looked rather comfy, in your opinion.

You had packed many things, including a few pairs of clothes and lots of chocolate and lady supplies. Yeh, you packed them away from Narcissa so she couldn't see you then. And, finally, you packed the makeup kit she had given you since Draco had liked it so much. Maybe he would kiss you again if you came out with a bit of artwork on your face.

"Narcissa." you said quickly, trying not to sound nervous.

"Yes, (y/n)?"

"I'm sorry about what happened..." She cut you off swiftly with no hesitation.

"It's fine just... don't do it again." she said, looking down at you sympathetically. Maybe she knew how you felt but, then again, this was a Malfoy you were talking about. Feelings only for themselves. Narcissa may have been nice to you, but you knew that she would put herself first no matter what and that sucked.

"I'll leave you to it." she said, and looked away, walking out of the storage room.

You took a glance around. Were you finished?

"Are you finished?"

You jumped out of your skin. "DRACO MALFOY! You scared me to hell!"

"And?" he asked, inspecting an ornament that was lying on a shelf.

"And... don't." you replied, trying in vain to pull your gaze away from him. He was wearing a tight, grey, long sleeved top that covered about three quarters of his arms. He also wore jeans that you knew most certainly weren't muggle made. Draco's family hated muggles.

"I do what I want. That's one good thing about being a Malfoy." he said, sitting on a counter near you. His legs dangled aimlessly in the air.

"Then do what you want somewhere else, I'm finishing packing."

"And I'll help you."

You sighed.

"I'm fine." you insisted, but he was behind you, wrapping his arms around you to reach the backpack and close the zip on it. Then he pulled away.

You turned around, craving his touch once more, a touch that you knew wouldn't come.

He looked at you with his stormy grey eyes and sighed, backing out of the room and closing the door.

A/N

Thank you so much for reading, as I always say! If you enjoyed, vote, comment and follow for more stories and chapters from me and my friend! Much love <3

We're at 44k views (which is insane)! Please share and get me to 50k for my double upload in 1 day!