𝔪𝔞𝔤𝔲𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶-𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔢

The four froze, the intense magic power catching them off guard

The four froze, the intense magic power catching them off guard. Their eyes momentarily flicker to the side to where they assume the power to come from. Jaemin knew exactly who it was and felt dread creep in his stomach. 

"Looks like your friend finally snapped, huh." Hyunjin mused, bringing his attention back to the fight. He held Renjun captive with vines lined with thorns that wrapped around his body while Jaemin stood a safe distance away from the trap. "What if we make this one snap too?"

"Hyunjin don't play with them." Minho warned. Jaemin scoffed, making the two raise a brow at him.

"What are you talking about? It's not Hyunjin who's playing around." Renjun smugly spoke up. He flinched at the sudden tug of the vines, the thorns digging into his flesh. 

"Stop being so smug when you're under my mercy." Hyunjin warned.

Jaemin clicked his tongue as he shook his head. "Don't you know how much water there is in plants?"

"There's a reason why Sejeong calls me Pikachu." Renjun gripped onto the vines and channeled what he could into the 

Meanwhile, Jeno and Chenle were in a tight situation. Both were bound in place by a thick sheet of ice. Chenle sat on his knees, the bottom half of his legs and his hands frozen and rendering him useless.

"It's only a matter of time before you get frostbite. You should give up if you don't want to lose your limbs." Chan suggested, snapping his fingers. 

Jeno howled in pain as another shock prevented him from focusing his magic into melting the ice. Shocks came one after the other, 

"Are you trying to fry him?" Han huffed.

"I don't know are you trying to make ice cream with the other one?" Chan shot back. 

"I think you should stop though. He looks like he's about to blow a fuse." Han shrugged. 

"Do you guys want in on a little secret?" Chenle piped in, catching their attention. "They say that when fire mages are angry is when their flame is the hottest." 

"Why the hell do you look so smug?" Han questioned. Chenle said nothing more as the whole area around Chan and Han lit up in blue flames. This time, no matter how much Han tried to extinguish it, it was futile.

"Before Jaemin and I became partners we were enemies. Water doesn't have anything on me." Jeno let his flames grow closer and closer, forcing the two to stick together. He glanced over at Chenle who nodded. 

The buildings around them shook slightly as the scorched ground rose to envelope the two enemies into a capsule. Jeno removed the breathable air inside and waited until they had passed out from the lack of oxygen. Chenle set the ground back to normal while Jeno melted the ice around him.

"Looks like you guys are finished here too." Jaemin whistled, walking up to them. "They dead?"

"Passed out but I guess it's all good. What happened to him?" Jeno gestured to the unconscious Renjun his friend piggybacked. "Is he dead?"

"Yeah, he really fried Hyunjin and friend real crispy so he's tired. I think it deals with his life force too." Jaemin informed. "We should regroup with the others."

"Hey bitches!" Donghyuck called, jogging up to them. "I got his life force back so let's put it back where it belongs and stop Jisung from killing anyone else."

"What do you mean kill-"

There was a flaming blur that passed above them, followed by a loud collision. A furious Jisung zoomed by in pursuit with a sharp metal pole in his hand. 

"Oh he mad mad." Jaemin shrugged.

"BITCH? IS THAT ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY?" Chenle screeched. 

Donghyuck passed the orb to Jaemin for him to take care of. He needed to get back to get back to Sejeong. He took one step forward, only to freeze momentarily. He could feel someone watching them. 

Where?

He looked at his around him to find no one but them around. He pushed his luck and looked at the top of the buildings around them. There, he saw a familiar blue haired person staring down right at them with a smirk.

Why was he there?

🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮

"You have five minutes to fill me in on wat the fuck you just did before I break your kneecaps and feed them to my dog." Sejeong threatened. Jeongin raised his arms in defense, the girl catching him off guard.

"Felix isn't the Yong you're looking for."

"Alright which kneecap do you like less?" She questioned rolling up her sleeves. "I've broken Hyuck's arm before this shouldn't be different."

"First of all, issues? Second, I'm being serious here! You have the wrong guy. There's someone influencing Felix." He tried to explain. "You even know him!"

"Yang Jeongin all the clues point to him being Yong. He even has Yong in his name!" She reasoned out.

"The real Yong is fucking around with everyone's memories and trying to do something. I'm not sure what he wants, but he's using Felix as his greatest pawn." Jeongin shot back. "Jisung? He's innocent. He didn't kill or injure anyone."

Sejeong's pursued her lips into a thin line as she began to think. "If I get what you're implying, is it just a wrong time wrong place? That the person set him up to make his life even more miserable?"

"He wanted to break Jisung and use him for his own selfish reasons. He brainwashed Felix into doing the dirty work for him. He's trying to use you too to break him further." Jeongin confirmed. "He's been watching all of you starting from childhood."

"If it isn't Felix then who is it?"

"It's-"

Jeongin was cut off, blood spilling from his lips as the color drained from his face. His eyes grew wide as he looked down at the pipe that impaled him. The metallic smell made the girl nauseous, her vision growing blurry for a split second.

It was Donghyuck's breathless screams that brought her back to reality. His desperate pleas were drowned out by the temporary ringing. 

A/N

a big oof 

if you guys have seen my announcement, I'm doing better. 

i've written my feeling out and feel much better. i actually had a drink and that was nice.

thoughts?