𝔪𝔞𝔤𝔲𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

Jisung wasn't sure when he fell asleep but he didn't regret missing out on his afternoon classes

Jisung wasn't sure when he fell asleep but he didn't regret missing out on his afternoon classes. He was sure her cousin would pick her up and decided to leave before he came.

He reluctantly detached her from his side and grabbed his bag. Hendery was back and laying in one of the beds on his phone. 

"Good morning lover boy."

"I'll be leaving." Jisung informed, grabbing his bag and heading out. "Text Jaemin when she leaves and tell him to forward it to me."

Jisung didn't bother concealing himself. No one would dare to bother him anyway. Well, normal person if he were to be specific.

He spun the handkerchief on the tip of his slender finger, humming a familiar melody. He was sure that it must have been one of the songs Sejeong listened to. He didn't expect the song to grow on him.

His eyes land on Donghyuck who was probably rushing to the clinic. He averted his gaze and continued walking.

The moment they passed each other, Donghyuck froze. He glared at Jisung's retreating figure and approached him. "Hey, Park Jisung."

"What? Am I suddenly not an outcast anymore?" Jisung's tone was sarcastic as he turned to face the older boy.

"Why do you have that handkerchief?" He questioned.

"Why does it matter? If I have it I have it." Jisung shrugged, ticking him off.

"Answer my question. I only know one person who can own a handkerchief like that." Donhyuck growled. "I made that custom design for her fifteenth birthday."

"My friend lent it to me."

"Bullshit. Sejeong wouldn't let just anyone take it."

"I'm not just anyone to her."

"Stay away from her." Donghyuck growled. "I won't let her be harmed by a monster like you."

"Sejeong makes her own decisions. It was her decision to approach me without any prejudice unlike you." Jisung shot back. "If you plan to meddle in her life you should approach her, not me."

"Why you-"

"She's someone I treasure. I would do anything to protect her." Jisung cut off.

"Her father died because if a malum mage like you. We all know dark magic damage can't be cured even by life mages." Donghyuck scoffed.

Jisung just stared at him blankly before turning to leave. He teloported away before Donghyuck could tell him more. It wasn't right to hear about sensitive or personal about her coming from someone else.

"Mr. Park? Are you here to see your mother?" A nurse asked, bringing him out of his thoughts.

He nodded. "Is she awake?"

"Yes. She's in her room right now."

Jisung muttered a thanks before heading to the room. The palms of his hands were sweaty, anxiousness settling in his chest. He knocked a couple of times before slowly opening the door. His mother sat on the bed, looking out the window.

"Mama, I'm here."

"Jisoo? Where have you been?"

"I'm not Jisoo—"

She pulled him into a tight hug. "My baby. You must have been so lonely without me."

"Mama I'm not Jisoo. Please stop." Jisung whimpered. "Mama."

"What are you talking about? Jisoo, I told you not to joke around with me like that."

"I'm sorry." Jisung pushed her away, catching her off guard. She stared at him with wide eyes, hurt and confusion swirling in them.

"Jisoo—"

"JISOO IS DEAD. HE DIED FIVE YEARS AGO!"

His mother's imaginary world came crashing down at his aggressive reminder. Her hands balled into a tight fist as she shook from fury.

"Jisung. Park Jisung."

Was all she could say as she finally recognized him. His name rolled off her tongue with a bitter taste. She was red and fuming as she pushed him down to the floor. She grabbed the hardcover book she was reading and used it to hit him endlessly.

"GIVE THEM BACK TO ME! GIVE JISOO AND MY HUSBAND BACK TO ME YOU MONSTER!"

"Mama-"

"I AM NOT YOUR MOTHER! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BE BORN?!"

The caretakers came flooding into the room as they tried to pull her off of him. They managed to tie her down to the bed and administer a tranquilizer.

"It should have been you who died instead." She cried as she lost consciousness.

"She will be out cold for the next couple of hours. I suggest you should just head home and get some rest, Mr. Park." One of the caretakers informed before they left. 

Jisung was sprawled out on the carpeted floor, eyes boring wholes into the ceiling. He stayed like that for a while as he tried to gain his composure.

He should have been used to this already, but it still pulled at his heart. He loved his mother dearly, yet all she saw him as is a monster or a replacement for his dead twin.

He eventually pulled himself together, getting up and pulling a chair from the side to sit beside his sleeping mother. 

"Mama, I made another friend. She's nice like Jaemin and stubborn like Jeno. She has a purer heart than any other person I've met."  Jisung mumbled, looking down at her handkerchief. "She makes me feel like I'm normal like how you and papa wanted me to be."

He knew this was the only way he could talk to his mother. She had been unstable ever since the accident especially after being affected by dark magic.

"She makes me so happy and I keep smiling no matter what I do as long as I'm with her. She makes me feel like I'm a normal, like I have a real chance at living a happy life."

Tears welled up in his eyes as he tried to blink them away. Pure terror burned in him as he looked at his pale hands.

"But what should I do mama? I'm scared I might lose control and kill her. I can't lose her mama." Jisung sniffled.

He knew there wouldn't be a response, but he was desperate. He just wanted his mother to guide him and comfort him.

A/N

Big sad hours 

should i bring back posting two chapters at a time or keep it to one daily