𝔪𝔞𝔤𝔲𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶

"Why do you need to put cream of tartar in it?" Sejeong asked, eyes sparkling with curiosity

"Why do you need to put cream of tartar in it?" Sejeong asked, eyes sparkling with curiosity. She watched Felix vigorously beat the egg whites with the rainbow whisk. 

"From what I was taught cream of tartar is like an acid that helps stabilize the meringue. If you don't have it you can add something like lemon juice." Felix answered. "Can you get the food coloring you want to add? There's more decorative baking things in the cabinet if you want."

"In the book you have there's three types of meringue. What's this one?" She followed up, following his instructions. She grabbed the green coloring along with some edible glitter.

 "We're making French meringue. It's pretty easy to make so I'm sure you can do this at home too." He quickly split the big batter into two, giving the other bowl to Sejeong. "Use the spatula to fold in the coloring then you can put it in the piping bag."

"Yes chef!" She cheekily saluted. She carefully added a couple of drops of the green food color and folded it in. She let out a satisfied hum when the color turned into a nice light pastel tone. 

"It looks pretty." Felix complimented. He helped her transfer it into a piping bag. "Why did you pick green?"

"Because it's his favorite color." She replied, her focus on piping the meringue into hearts.

"Who?" He asked.

"Someone... important." She hesitantly answered. She still couldn't fully remember him, but she knew he was someone important. 

Sejeong happily swayed along to the music as she finished up the last bit of meringue she had left. Felix couldn't help but smile at her small yet adorable actions. He helped her place the trays in the into the oven before tapping a couple of buttons.

"And now we wait an hour and a half for it to cook, then we need to wait for it completely cool in the oven before we take them out." He informed. "For now, let's clean up and maybe we can head to the courtyard to relax."

Sejeong smeared the leftover batter from her piping bag onto his cheek the minute he turned to clean the station up. She instantly ran to the other side of the room as Felix grabbed his piping bag.

"Get over here!" Felix demanded.

"You can't catch me! I'm a-"

Felix used his magic to have the branch of a tree grow long enough to come in through the open window. It wrapped around her waist and arms, keeping her stuck in her place.

"Foul!" Sejeong pitifully flailed her arms around but the branches didn't break.

"Bad bitches don't call fouls, they make them." Felix grinned. He made thick whiskers on her cheeks and placed a big dot of meringue on the tip of her nose. Once he was satisfied, he undid the branches that bound her. "Rudolph called. He wants his nose back."

"Very funny, Lix." Sejeong seethed, trying to wash the batter from her face. This only worsened it, making her face feel oily and sticky. She felt her pockets for her handkerchief, only to realize she didn't have it. She cursed the day she lost her handkerchief. "Help." 

She heard Felix's footsteps cpme her way and felt his hands move her hair away from her face. He wiped her face thoroughly with his handkerchief, washing it a couple of times with how sticky the meringue made it. 

"That should do it." He said, wiping the last bit of meringue on her damp face. "Does it feel sticky?"

"Not anymore thanks to you." Sejeong replied. She opened her eyes and finally saw how close Felix was. He stood frozen, hesitant to speak yet obviously captivated by her. "What are you look at?"

"I know it's wrong to have feelings for you when you're under a spell and I feel sorry towards Jisung, but I can't keep it to myself anymore." Felix confessed. "I like you, Sejeong. Ever since that day I talked to you in the hallway my feelings started to grow for you but I know your heart belongs to someone else."

Jeong.

She pushed Felix away, eyes wide with guilt met with his shocked orbs. She knew she hurt him with her actions but she couldn't let him hope for any longer.

"I'm sorry, I can't accept your feelings. I... have someone waiting for me. I need to do it while I still have these memories." Sejeong apologized, removing her apron and running out the kitchen classroom.

Adrenaline pumped through her veins as she sped towards the Arts building. Her vision tunneled down to the stairs leading to the rooftop. She ran up the steps in long strides, death waving at her when she nearly lost her footing.

 "You'll never be alone, darling."

"But I left you."

"I like you, Kwon Sejeong. You make me happy in ways I can't explain. I know I was pretty mean at the start but now all I want to do is be with you."

"How can you still like me if I forgot about you like this?"

"I'll protect you."

Sejeong kicked the door open, the noon sun nearly blinding her. She squinted to adjust her eyes as she tried to look around for him. She spotted him, sitting by the ledge like he always did.

"HEY!" She screamed. Her chest heaved as her lungs were desperate to be filled with air. She stood straight, looking him directly in the eyes.

The boy looked at her with hopeful eyes, teleporting about a couple of feet  in front of her. She 

"Why did you lie to me? We've met before." Sejeong questioned.

"It's too dangerous." He answered simply. 

"Dangerous my ass-"

"Do you think if I knew  how to free you from his magic I would be here waiting pathetically? Would I have distanced myself if it wasn't dangerous?" He cut off.

A deafening ringing sound muffled anything else his tired voice. The only vague memories of him were slowly being erased from her brain. She had already come so far to finding him yet why wouldn't her brain cooperate.

"You're under a spell."

If this doesn't work then Disney is a scam. 

She closed the distance between them, grabbing the tie of his school uniform and yanking it down towards her. His lips crashed onto hers and straight into a longing kiss. Jisung was quick to recover from the shock. 

His eyes fluttered shut as he relaxed into the kiss. His unsure hand cupped her damp cheek as the other snaked around her waist. He pulled her close to him, pressing his body against hers as he deepened the kiss. 

Her hand rested on his chest, the other still holding onto his tie. A soft golden glow could be seen coming from the ring, circling around her arms and straight to her head. The creature that had been embedded into her head was forced out and burned in the hands of her light magic.

And just like that, clearer memories of her life now and in the past began to flood her brain.

A/N

I planned on publishing two chapters today but i've been a little bombarded with fixing my thesis (if you've seen the announcements). I've read through like almost 20 articles and was only able to use like 7 of them. 

louna is tired. 

but still, stream make a wish!