𝔪𝔞𝔤𝔲𝔰 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔬𝔫𝔢

"Why are we on the rooftop?" Sejeong asked as she redid her ponytail

"I'm sorry." Her classmate mumbled, disappearing back into the building. Moments later, a trio of who she guessed were the ones who summoned her walked forward.  

"Is this the part where I get jumped and you tell me what I did wrong where in actuality you guys have a whole back story I don't want to listen to?" She joked. She looked closely at one of them. "Ah wait, I remember you. You're the audacity girl from a while back."

"My name is Miso."

"Yeah I don't care if you have the same name as soup. There's three of you and enough so why don't you guys just talk among yourselves and jump one of you." Sejeong suggested, trying to get the door to open. "Or not."

Miso and her lackeys charged at her, but Sejeong didn't really care. She dodged their attack, making sure they didn't grab a hold of her ponytail. She was able to grab someone by their wrist and twist their arm behind their back. 

"Back in my house hold, mama Soyul made sure I knew how to defend myself." Sejeong grinned. She pushed the girl forward and down to the floor while she quickly grabbed both of the other girl's wrist. 

She yanked the sleeves of her hoodie down and tied them together. She kicked her aside and was barely able to block the the punch Miso tried to hit.

"Okay, OUCH." Sejeong shouted. 

"Why does Donghyuck like a girl like you? And you how can you go with another man?"

"Even if I explain it to you I don't think you would accept it so let's skip to the part where you give up." Sejeong reasoned, pushing her away. She flinched as the sound of Miso colliding with the railing echoed in the quiet air. 

Miso glared at her as an idea seemed to come into her mind. "If I jump from here and have my friends blame you, Donghyuck will hate you and take care of me when I survive." 

"Bitch? Who do you think you are? Nanno?" Sejeong huffed. She thought Miso was calling a bluff until she had one foot off the ledge. "And she's serious."

She ran up to her and was able to grab Miso's arm just in time. The air was nearly knocked out of her when the her abdomen crashed against the railing. Scorching white pain burned in her abdomen as the taste of both bile and blood lingered on her tongue. She tried her best to ground herself and pull Miso back up.

"Look, I don't want you to die because of your stupid delusion so get your friends to help me. Please you are as heavy as my thesis group members." Sejeong pleaded. "As much as you're a pain in the ass if you die I won't be able to sleep!"

"Hit her so she lets go!"

"Are you insane!? Renjun was right when he said no one here is normal!" Sejeong screamed.  "Who birthed a dumb bitch like you?!"

The two girls behind her were hesitant at first but carried on the task given to them. They didn't hesitate to kick her and jab her ribs. Sejeong let out a pained screamed as she used all her strength to pull Miso up. 

As she nearly brought Miso to safety, their eyes met. In that split second she realized something was wrong. She recognized those hollow eyes, the red tint in their pupil and how the veins seemed to darken around her eyes.

It was the similar to the person who killed her dad.

"He told me to tell you your happy days with him are limited."

"Huh?"

The next thing Sejeong knew, she was falling. Miso was able to pull her over the edge and send her falling towards the concrete. Sejeong braced herself for death, but was surprised when the pain didn't hit her. 

Instead, two arms snaked around her. Whoever held her pulled her close to their chest as they switched their positions. The wind around her seemed to disappear along with the heat of the sun.

She felt herself relax when she was able to take in a whiff of the person's scent. She knew who it was already but was confused. 

"You're only allowed to fall for me." Jisung chuckled. "I made it in time."

"Are we dead?" Sejeong asked.

"Far from it. Open your eyes."  He assured. 

Sejeong opened her eyes and was surprised to see that they were in some enclosed space. She tried to touch it, watching the material ripple under her finger. 

"I need a little time before the cushion is ready. Bear with me." Jisung sighed.

Sejeong kept poking it but the material didn't break. "What is this?"

"I used a mix of water and dark magic to cover us and keep us floating up here while I make a cushion for our fall. If I use air magic I might harm other people around us." Jisung explained.

"Wait what. Aren't you just a spacial mage?" She questioned.

"No, I'm something more." Jisung answered. The bubble popped and they fell straight into a fluffy patch of grass that covered the concrete. He made sure he landed first, hoping she wouldn't get hurt. "Are you okay?" 

"No I'm losing my shit right now." Sejeong mumbled. She got up with a little help from Jisung. The boy only smiled as he extracted the water from the grass and distributed it on the flowerbeds. 

"I feel sorry for giving the janitors more to sweep." Jisung mumbled.

"Did you just use more than one magic?" Renjun asked, approaching them. Behind him were the others who seemed shocked. Jeno and Jaemin didn't seem fazed though.

"Way to state the obvious." Donghyuck huffed.

"You guys know about this?" Chenle asked. 

"Well, we are his friends." Jeno shrugged. "We thought he told Sejeong already but looks like he didn't."

"Hope this doesn't strain the relationship." Jaemin joked. 

"Relationship?" Donghyuck echoed.

"Oh shit."

"Let the boy explain!" Sejeong tried to get the subject back on track. She felt a sudden pang of nausea hit her as the adrenaline wore off.

"It may seem impossible but what happened was just enough proof for you guys I guess. I'm an-"

Before he could finish, Sejeong entered a bloody coughing fit. All the color seemed to drain from her face as she grasped onto Jisung who was nearest to her. 

"Did you get hit anywhere?" Jaemin asked, stepping up.  

Sejeong barely managed to raise Jisung's hoodie enough to show the large bruise that covered her whole abdominal area along with some of her ribs. 

She was pretty sure this was what she got after trying to save Miso.

"Some internal bleeding and probably a fracture to her ribs. Someone hold her hoodie up while I heal her." Jaemin instructed. 

"I'm gonna catch that fucking bitch." Renjun growled storming off. 

"It'll be okay. Jaemin is better at healing than I am." Jisung comforted, kissing the top of her head. 

A/N 

I'm so drained thanks to my injection and check up. Results weren't that good but not that bad either so... 

I'll update twice tomorrow since I barely had the energy to write one more today