chapter thirty-eight

October 12

background: spencer and abby had been back from las vegas for a week now after bring back spencer's mother, diana, with them. the wedding was tommorrow night, but it was time for the parties beforehand. 

Abby's POV:

"Let's get this party started!" Garcia popped open a bottle of tequila, throwing the cap across the room. 

Tomorrow is the big day. Wedding day. I honestly can't believe still that I'm marrying my best friend. Never in a million years would I have thought this would happen. 

"Come on!" Tara pulled me into the kitchen where Kate was helping Garcia line up shots for the team. I followed them in there, nearly knocking over the shot glasses as I walked in. 

"To Abby!" Kate held up her shot glass, as the rest of us did.

"Cheers!" Garcia smiled, downing her shot as I did too. 

"Shit! That burns!" I slammed the glass back down on the table. 

"But it tastes so good!" Emily laughed. 

"Wait I think I heard a knock on the door, let me go grab that." I headed over to the front door, unlocking it before opening it. 

"Elle?" I screamed in shock. 

"I heard someone was getting married." she smiled before I nearly tackled her in a hug. 

"I missed you so much." I let her go. 

"Girl, I can't believe you're getting married to Reid." she followed me over to the kitchen. 

"I can't either." I looked down at the ground as we turned the corner into the kitchen. 

"Elle!" the girls yelled, running over to greet her. I was absolutely ecstatic that she was here, the one person I wanted to be at my wedding was her. 

"Well ladies, shall we get more drinks?" JJ asked, grabbing the glasses from my cabinet. 

"Only if there's no more tequila!" I chimed in, pulling out the margarita mix. 

"Well, there will definitely be more tequila and lots of drinks." Tara added. 

As JJ, Tara and Blake threw together more drinks, I headed over to the living room to catch up a bit with Elle. Ever since she left the BAU, it has never truly been the same, but she has never been happier. Elle has been staying in the Bahamas for the most part, living life like she's retired, even though she's not that old. 

"Would you ever consider moving back to Quantico?" I asked, crossing my leg on top of the other. 

"You know, I've thought about it, but honestly no. I get that all my friends are here, but the Bahamas doesn't even compare to here." she took another sip of her drink. 

"I'm just glad you came back now." I smiled, getting up to refill my glass. 

The rest of the night was filled with some much needed girl time. We painted our nails, watched a chick-flick, drank so much wine, had a dance party, sang kareoke, the norm.

--------

Spencer's POV:

"Come on pretty boy! Take the shot!" Morgan urged me. 

"Actually, with drinking Tequila, your bone density is likely to increase." I commented, refusing the shot. 

"Good, even more reasons to drink it." Morgan shoved it back in my hand. 

"Fine!" I rolled my eyes, downing the shot. 

"Ugh! How do you guys drink that?" I slammed the glass on the counter, cringing in disgust.