chapter twenty-one

Spencer's POV:

"Hey hey!" I smiled, opening the door to see Rossi and Hotch standing before me with two bottles of wine in hand. "Come on in."

"It is so good to see you guys!" Abby walked over from the kitchen, pulling both of them in for a hug as I took the wine bottles from them. Walking into the kitchen, smells of dinner filled the air. I sat the the bottles of cabernet down on the counter, pulling out eight wine glasses from the cabinet. 

"Spence!" JJ smiled, walking into the kitchen to hug me. "Someone is happy." I blushed at her comment. 

"So pretty boy, when are you finally going to tell us?" Morgan asked walking into the kitchen, along with the rest of the team. Abby walked over as I slipped my arm behind her, pulling her in closer to me. 

"Well," Abby began, looking up at me, waiting for approval to continue. I gave her a nod. 

"We're getting married!" she shrieked. The entire team burst out in excitement. 

"My little babies are getting married!" Garcia burst out, making her way over to us, her heels clicking against the tile with each step. She pulled us both into a hug, kissing our cheeks. 

"Way to go pretty boy! You got a good one this time." Morgan pulled me into a head lock, messing up my hair. 

"This time?!" Abby placed her hands on her hips, leaning her head to one side in shock.

"He's kidding." I assured her, looking over at him, rolling my eyes with a smile. 

"So this was the news that you guys had?" Emily approached us, a glass of wine in hand. 

"I guess so." Abby said, pulling Emily in for a hug. 

"I'm beyond happy for you guys. Spencer, you better treat her well." Emily punched my shoulder playfully. 

"Believe me, I will." I replied as JJ walked over to join us. 

"Spence, you didn't tell me y'all we getting married!" I usually told JJ about everything with Abby, going to her for advice. I looked up to her in a way since she was already married with two children, who were my god-children. 

"Well, I knew that if I told anyone, somehow Abby would be able to profile it out of you." I looked down at her.

"Hey! I wouldn't do that." Abby smirked sarcastically. 

"Oh come on Abby! We know you." Emily chimed in.

"Whatever!" Abby giggled, knowing it was true. Emily and JJ walked away, as Hotch came over. 

"Congratulations you two. I am happy for you guys." Hotch patted my shoulder before giving Abby a hug. I knew marriage was a sore subject for him ever since Hayley died, leaving me feeling a bit guilty. He was always serious, even before Hayley died, but ever since that day, he has never been the same, which I understand. If Abby ever died like that, I don't know what I would do with myself. 

"You guys hungry?" Abby asked the team, attempting to pull the bowls from the cabinet. "Babe can you come grab these?" she turned to ask me.

"Aww and you guys have cute nicknames for each other!" Garcia chimed in as I walked over to help Abb. Pulling down the bowls from the cabinet, I handed them to Abby as she passed them out one by one. Once everyone got their food, we sat down at the table in the backyard, altogether. It felt so good to be around the whole team. I grew up my entire life, no father, no siblings. It was just my mom and I, who I was beyond grateful for. However, this team was the closest thing to an entire family I had. Hotch and Rossi were like my fathers. JJ and Emily were like my sisters. Garcia, well and Blake were like moms to me. And Abby, well, she's now my wife. Well, like almost my wife I guess. 

"Here is to Abby and Spencer!" Rossi rose his wine glass followed by the rest of us. 

"And to being together again!" JJ followed. We all clinked our glasses together. Sitting there, eating dinner, I couldn't help but look over at Abby and smile. Someone who meant so much to me. Someone that loved me. 

"Spence, come on you can't use chopsticks?" Abby blurted out, snapping me from my daze. Derek began to laugh. 

"Did you know that experts credit Confucius with the advent of the chopstick. He equated knifes with acts of aggression." I explained. 

"You don't know how to use them do you?" Morgan called me out.

"It's like trying to forge for dinner with a pair of number two pencils." I looked down at the chopsticks in my hand, still confused. The team began to laugh at how stupid I was, turning me red with embarrassment. 

"Here," Abby reached for the chopsticks in my hand. "Let me help you." She took the pair of so called utensils, tying a hair band around them. 

"Ah the band trick. A classic." Morgan smiled. 

"Try them now." Abby handed them back to me. It was like magic, which I loved, they worked perfect now. Even though I may never be able to figure them out, it worked long enough for me to eat dinner. 

"Just like that, an IQ of 187 slashed to 65." Emily laughed. We continued dinner before we busted out the music to dance. It seemed like whenever we were together, we always ended up drinking too much wine, which always led to dancing. I turned on the speakers, connecting my phone to shuffle our playlist that then entire team complied. 

"When we were younger

We thought everyone was on our side

Then we grew a little

And romanticized the time I saw

Flowers in your hair" 

I ended up dancing with JJ during the first song. She talked my ear off the entire time, going on and on about how to treat Abby and asking me a million questions about the wedding, which I had no clue about. As the next song came over, I glanced over to see Abby dancing with Rossi, Garcia with Morgan, and Emily with Hotch. I could spy a smile on Hotch's face as he was with Emily, which was often whenever they were around each other. 

"Abb, dance with me?" I held out my hand, meeting her's. Our fingers intertwined as I pulled her in close, leaving her to rest her head on my shoulder. 

"Our song." Abby looked up at me, Georgia by Joy Vance began to play. 

"And I could easily lose my mind

The way you kiss me will work each time

Calling me to come back to bed

Singing Georgia on my mind"

"Kiss?" I leaned down, my eyes meeting Abby's, I grabbed her hand, dipping her back, our lips met.   

"You're cute" Abby smiled, as I pulled her back up. We danced the rest of the night away, nothing else I could've wanted more. 

----

a/n: sorry this chapter ended so fast, i feel like it didn't need to carry on any longer lol.