chapter thirty-seven

Two days later.

Spencer's POV: 

"Get up get up!" Abby was jumping on the bed, attempting to wake me. 

"No," I groaned, burying my face deeper into my pillow. 

"Come on!" she continued to jump. 

"Shut the hell up." I yanked her ankle, pulling her down. 

"That wasn't very nice." Abby pouted, crossing her arms as she sat next to me. 

"What could you possibly want?" I pulled my head out from under my pillow. 

"I love your morning voice." Abby smiled, cupping my cheek. 

"Seriously babe, what do you want?" I propped my head up against my hand with my elbow driven into the bed. 

"Listen." Abby whispered before going silent. 

Rain. Such a beautiful thing. I guess you could say I am a pluviophile. There is nothing more delightful than the quiet sound of rain. 

"Rain." I smiled as Abby rested her head on my chest. 

"Sorry for waking you up, I know you're high on all your meds, but I didn't know if it would last." Abby explained, holding my hand in her's. 

"Come on." I pulled Abby off my chest, jumping out of bed to throw on a shirt. 

"What?" Abby looked at me muddled. 

"Just come on." I grabbed her hand, dragging her downstairs with me. 

"Spencer Reid tell me where we are going right now." Abby demanded as I unlocked the front door. 

"Do you trust me?" I asked the rhetorical question as she nodded her head. "Then you'll come with me." I smiled, closing the door behind us. 

The street lights beamed down on to us, illuminating the way. We ran all throughout the neighborhood. Rain fell down from the sky, soaking our clothes, but we didn't mind. 

"Abby slow down!" I panted, bending over to catch my breath. At this point we had ran around the block at least a million times. 

"Come on Spence!" she continued on. I ran up to catch her, scooping her up as she attempted to run from me. 

"Hey! Put me down!" Abby yelled as the rain puddled up on her chest. 

"Fine." I sat her down as we stood in the middle of the street. 

"Get over here." she smiled, pulling me in by my waist. I rested my forehead on hers, staring into her green eyes, so easy to get lost in. 

"Can I kiss you?" I asked, blushing slightly. 

"Can I kiss you?" Abby echoed with the biggest smile across her face. I brought my hands up on each side of her face. 

"Kiss me." Abby smiled. Doing as she wished, I kissed her, before it slowly faded into a smile, my lips still pressed against her's. 

"I feel like I'm in a movie." she admitted, grabbing my hand. 

"Really? What role would I play?" I asked as we walked towards the neighborhood park. 

"Well I would be the main character, obviously. But you, you would be the cute guy that everyone falls in love with." Abby rambled on. 

"Come on, give me more cred than that." I rolled my eyes. 

"What? Do you want me to make you like Morgan?" she laughed. 

"I guess if you fell in love with me, everything would be perfect." I said, sitting down on a park bench as Abby sat down next to me.